Sign in to follow this  
Jake

Saturday Morning Streams

Later I talked about a cat being a bit standoffish at a gathering and Sean got confused and thought I was dissing his wife.  Sorry for the confusion. Sean!  I'd never diss your wife!

I'm listening to / watching the DayZ stream right now, about 2/3rds of the way through. They were worrying about not having met/shot any mans yet, but I find this waiting-for-something-to-happen enjoyably suspenseful in its own right.

That's good -- I thought last night was a particularly boring play-through. We'll do some more if people actually like them -- and I'll get my audio fixed. For some reason my computer just stopped recognizing my headset mid-game. No idea what's going on.

I was concerned you guys didn't know where the well was. Nick eating rotten fruit like 200m from a completely free water source was very distressing.

DayZ is rarely boring, even when it's slow.

Tweeted it but I think Olly and I are going to stream some DAYZ tomorrow morning! Probably like 10am PST?

Wife and I will be doing some spring cleaning, so I'll throw it on the TV!  Just realizing now I've never actually seen any DayZ footage.  Heard so many stories about it, though, that I'm curious to see if it matches up to my imagination....

So, if anyone happened to be watching the livestream from this morning, here's my point of view when I ended up killing the people who killed Sean while he was on the hill. 

So, if anyone happened to be watching the livestream from this morning, here's my point of view when I ended up killing the people who killed Sean while he was on the hill. 

i just watched the stream (not live) and the bit where sean went to the toilet and we hear reloading was intense, i can't believe he didn't just kill him straight away, but good job with the extinguisher and axe :)

I have a feeling that if I played DayZ for long I would also turn into something like the book man (though obviously less marvelous, for who can match the book man?)

Oh my god.

OH MY GOOOOOOOD.

Thank you for allowing me/us to participate.

If you ever want to have another event that's different in style from this one, you could do like the Survivor GameZ and do teams, or you could set an end point to guarantee a showdown (I was going to suggest the castle if it ran like 45 minutes more).

That was a majestic stream! I'll give it 3 out of 3 Jakes.

I'm about halfway through the Least Dangerous Game stream but I'm not sure I can take 56 more minutes of Sean's crew, who are basically those lamer skeleton-suit chumps from Karate Kid. Now maybe Sean just had all these henchmen foisted upon him and he's trying his best to keep playing the least dangerous game without angering his weird groupies, but if he turns out to be the sweep-the-leg coach after all I'm going to be really e-disappointed.*

(* unless the metaphor holds up all the way through to a sweet crane kick, and then it's fine)

Yeah, I was firmly on #TeamOlly when I saw that Sean's MO was like, having a henchman convention. He spent so much of his time just in a giant talking circle, givin' nicknames. Even if there was a traitor in his midst, he had to know that the traitor couldn't shoot him, right? So, why would he be worried?

Things were interesting, though, up until Olly's "crew" was just killed out of nowhere without Sean's knowledge, and from there it was pretty easy to hunt Olly down. 

I've taken a lot of flack for delegating and having groups of my own goons. Olly had made it clear that he was going to have lots of friends giving him help and I had pre-organized zilch so felt like I had to take that aspect of the strategy seriously.  I fully expected shit to go full Reservoir Dogs at any moment and think I just got lukcy (and also chose to send a lot of people away from me on another team because I was worried they'd all turn and kill each other).

I was constantly trying to insinuate that I had spies in Sean's ranks in order to seed dissent and paranoia. There were no spies. There was no plan. 

How many of your followers did you end up shooting, Sean?

I don't want to insinuate that I was providing more flack, and I apologize if my comment came off that way, Sean. You couldn't, of course, really control who helped who on the server, and it just seemed, from our perspective, like the balance was tipped heavily in your favor. It's fun to see that apparently Olly's chicanery worked pretty well, as you were fairly on guard about potential treachery.

(I and hundreds of others still watched, enthralled, so, fuck the haters)

Has there been any actual post mortem on what happened? I suppose there will be some discussion in this week's cast. I am most interested to know who the hell just up and shot Olly near the end. What was that all about?