Sign in to follow this  
Jake

Saturday Morning Streams

Chris, you were driving me nuts by not ever using a single spell btw.

It also bothered me that he spent all of him gold on hp rather than expanding the manor. I'm really bad at watching people play games. Locking the castle is theoretically useful for retrying fairy chests, but I usually forget to until it's too late to go back.

The time isn't really something we have a lot of control over. We live in the Pacific time zone and record the podcast after work; them's the breaks. We're going to push it straight out to YouTube every time though so it's easier to watch afterwards.

I completely understand.  I wasn't actually complaining.  Well, I was but mostly to myself.  I like participating in the chat during live streams, but I'll most certainly take a YouTube video if I can't be there.

It also bothered me that he spent all of him gold on hp rather than expanding the manor. I'm really bad at watching people play games. Locking the castle is theoretically useful for retrying fairy chests, but I usually forget to until it's too late to go back.

I lock the castle to go Boss huntin'.

Castle expansion is cool to unlock the classes, but I definitely think I have spread my points too thin for the stage I've reached. I also watched a dude streaming yesterday who was level 330 and was on New Game +++ and then he beat it and it was stupid nuts. Scuttlebutt is you can go to New Game +9, which is just crazy.

PS USE YOUR MAGIC.

Splitting hairs incoming

I absolutely love Chris' in-depth explanations of what a game is or how it plays on the podcast, I can't remember the last time that they have discussed a game I haven't heard of before and haven't been left with a very concrete understanding of what a game is :tup:

But then this little stream experiment has Chris giving an in-depth explanation of a game I'm gonna get two fold when I listen to the podcast. just don't want you guys retreading too much of the same ground. Maybe not worry so much about explaining the game during the stream?

Told you I was splitting hairs

Post podcast update: it was absolutely fine. Ignore me x

That was so gross. It brought back so many Trespasser flashbacks, so I hope you get to do a velociraptor autopsy in a future level.

That was really incredible. I didn't really know Brad or the Giant Bomb cast at all, but seeing that catharsis pouring out from the stream and chat alike was really wonderful.

The "srs bsns" on Sean's face from 22:00 onward is great. If I came out of my anesthetic during an operation and saw that expression on my surgeon's face, I would be perfectly assured.

If I saw Chris' look of fear and discomfort, I would be somewhat less so.

oh man. most realistic fridge caressing sim ever.

Physical Therapy Simulator.

I have pretty vivid memories of the game Life & Death. I assumed this was going to be like that. Boy was I wrong. Hilarious cast. 

If I were Jake, I would be ready to beat Sean to death by the end of the stream.

If I were Jake, I would be ready to beat Sean to death by the end of the stream.

:-/

:-/

Very poor choice of words on my part; but admit it: you're a total backseat open-heart surgeon.

Also, the whole stream made me really want to play Trauma Center again. My uncle bought a Wii years ago and I let him try my copy of Second Opinion. As a very intelligent, compassionate person in his fourties; he would painstakingly suture every wound as though he were actually performing surgery and ended up losing because his patient would die before he finished sewing them up. He was totally appalled when I showed him how to play and made a split-second halfhazard zigzag with the suture every time.

The congratulatory pats Sean and Chris gave Jake post-Surgeoning were adorable.

I loved the Sean-Chris fantastically enthusiastic high five upon completion.

You want a &t, not a #t :)

Ah. The URL is just what YouTube gave me when I right clicked and selected "Copy Video URL at Current TIme". Wonder why it'd do it wrong.

OMG surgeon simulator is definitely a game you have to play it is really fun (there is a laser!), and also some of the technology in the game is stuff i would like to see more of, the way the bones break could be used in so many different ways (destructible landscapes and objects etc.) and then of course this could be a prototype for the goriest zombie game ever 

I think that the general consensus in the chat was that you were really starting to get the hang of it by the end, there, Chris. Though plunging attacks are the easier way to do that boss battle, the way you were fighting it is MUCH closer to the skills you'll need to master to do well in the game, IE reading the enemy's range and attack, getting inside or outside of that attack, and punishing it. If you get more judicious with your rolling instead of wasting stamina, I think you'll get the hang of the game in no time. I do hope you stick with it, because it's seriously one of the most rewarding gaming experiences I've had in a while.

I was really looking forward to a Dark Souls stream, and I can't imagine a way to ruin the experience faster then having an annoying internet guy sit next to you chomping at the bit to explain everything. Huge bummer :-(

I was really looking forward to a Dark Souls stream, and I can't imagine a way to ruin the experience faster then having an annoying internet guy sit next to you chomping at the bit to explain everything. Huge bummer :-(

I hate to say it, but I kind of agree.

Although Dark Souls is best when you're finding everything out yourself, there's nothing fundamentally wrong with having a tour guide. It's only a problem because Ysbreker gave advice the same way I would, unfortunately: "Go here, do this, not that." It was annoying to those in the know and confusing to those not.

Plus some of his advice was pretty unhelpful. I suck hard at Dark Souls, but the Taurus demon was a piece of cake with the pine resin Chris found minutes before the encounter. Roll through his legs, hit him in the back, four hits tops.

I don't think I have anything constructive to say. The good humor for the first two hours or so was great, at least.

Thing is, without a guide, how far do we really think Chris would have got? I'd wager he wouldn't have reached the Taurus demon which would have made a more frustrating watch for us. 

Solid information about the game's various systems is pretty much invaluable, since the game itself is in absolutely no hurry to explain anything to you.