Sign in to follow this  
Jake

Saturday Morning Streams

FYI: Don't update the Twitch.tv iOS app.

The update disables search, adds advertisements, and limits access "to the top 300 most viewed channels for now."

Since that doesn't include Idle Thumbs and I don't watch any other streams, if I update it means not seeing any Kerbals go into space on my living room TV, Ben kicking down doors in Full Throttle, etc.

I guess they will improve all of this later on, but this really does kill Twitch.tv entirely for me.

Ben kicking down doors in Full Throttle, etc.

Wait, is there a Full Throttle idle thumbs stream? I don't see it even on the list, am I being blind and foolish?

Attention Chris Remo: Commander Hadfield performs Space Oddity aboard the ISS:

Oh my god the part where he flies down the hall.

THAT MAN IS FLYING. NO SPECIAL EFFECTS, THAT IS A FLYING MAN.

Oh my god the part where he flies down the hall.

THAT MAN IS FLYING. NO SPECIAL EFFECTS, THAT IS A FLYING MAN.

There's also a hilarious amount of natural majestic lens flare in that video.

Wait, is there a Full Throttle idle thumbs stream? I don't see it even on the list, am I being blind and foolish?

It was one of the games played during the LucasArts Memories stream.  It also includes Loom and Day of the Tentacle.

It was one of the games played during the LucasArts Memories stream.  It also includes Loom and Day of the Tentacle.

This somehow slipped through my awareness when it was first posted! Excellent, a video for a rainy day...

FYI: Don't update the Twitch.tv iOS app.

The update disables search, adds advertisements, and limits access "to the top 300 most viewed channels for now."

Since that doesn't include Idle Thumbs and I don't watch any other streams, if I update it means not seeing any Kerbals go into space on my living room TV, Ben kicking down doors in Full Throttle, etc.

I guess they will improve all of this later on, but this really does kill Twitch.tv entirely for me.

Hmm, how often does the top 300 update for the mobile app? On the Xbox app's blog post, one staff member says:

The cut-off for Top 300 channels was ~40 concurrent viewers when I checked at peak time today, so while this restriction does limit the number of broadcasters available on other platforms, it covers the vast majority of the concurrent viewership. To be clear, "Top 300" is the top 300 channels that are currently live, not a static list of top channels.

So then can we hire a pack of 40 Big Dogs to log on to the Thumbs channel whenever a new SMS starts up?

Well we know there is at least one big dog out there always tuned into the idle thumbs stream keeping tabs on Jake

Really, the Twitch.tv app has never successfully started the IdleThumbs channel on iOS for me. Always displays black screen only..

So, when are Chris, Jake, Nick and/or Sean going to stream them playing Dark Souls? Because that would be awesome :)

I can't imagine trying to play Dark Souls with the additional pressure of trying to please an attentive audience with timely progress, it would be a total trainwreck.

They should definitely do it.

Not to be a butt, but could you guys put a link to the Twitch.tv page on the website somewhere again? I hate navigating Twitch.

Speaking of subtle, I realized there was an Idle Thumbs Plays Rogue Legacy stream posted yesterday, but only because I'm listening to an episode from 2009 wherein someone mentions posting something on IdleVideos, so I went to that channel to see if I could find it, and there was a Rogue Legacy!

yeah i got an email from twitch at 3:47am telling me a idle thumbs stream was about to start. Would've been perfect when i was jet lagged a few weeks back

very very selfish doing them at stupid o'clock! Ya'll should move to England, get jobs at 22cans. You can have a roast with the Molyneux family every Sunday, and live stream it! (holy shit i would totally watch that)

yeah i got an email from twitch at 3:47am telling me a idle thumbs stream was about to start. Would've been perfect when i was jet lagged a few weeks back

I am dumb and didn't realize you can subscribe for email notifications on twitch. =P BRB, applying knowledge...

Oh sweet, your stream showed me they added Rogue Legacy onto the games list, so I don't have to stream using Rogue Warrior as the game selection!

It was also entertaining to hear Nick say "And now I'm stuck standing next to this fountain that looks like a gear for some reason" and then immediately be shown that it was a giant gear.

Re: portals - the way I've beaten the first two bosses so far is when I decide I want to try to kill them I lock the castle down and then warp to the Boss Door. You get a big chunk of rewards even at 70% gold plus items and permanent stats. Then when you're done flailing on the boss you just don't lock the castle (it's a choice every new heir) and continue per usual.

ok, so I need to rearrange my schedule to live watch the stream

I approve of streaming a game before recording the cast, although I wasn't fond of the time (too close to bedtime).  I suppose if they're short it might be ok.  I do very much like the idea of having a common frame of reference for the podcast since I don't have the time/money to play many of the games discussed.

I approve of streaming a game before recording the cast, although I wasn't fond of the time (too close to bedtime).  I suppose if they're short it might be ok.  I do very much like the idea of having a common frame of reference for the podcast since I don't have the time/money to play many of the games discussed.

The time isn't really something we have a lot of control over. We live in the Pacific time zone and record the podcast after work; them's the breaks. We're going to push it straight out to YouTube every time though so it's easier to watch afterwards.

The group "uhhh" at the end sounded like another rendition of the most apprehensive idle thumbs theme ever. 

Also if you could film Chris casually throwing off his shades and explaining what he's thinking before Nick punches him in the face, that would be great. 

Great stream as always (caught the youtube unfortunately instead of live). Rogue Legacy, like Spelunky, is a game where I absolutely adore the idea but can't stand the gameplay. It's a testament to how much I love the idea then that I'm still playing Legacy.

Chris, you were driving me nuts by not ever using a single spell btw.

Chris, you were driving me nuts by not ever using a single spell btw.

I KNOW RIGHT! And he calls himself a wizard