melmer

The Witcher 3: What Geralt Wants

So we all agree that Triss is the worst choice right? Since she's pretty much a whiney little girl who stomps her feet when Geralt pays attention to Yenn more.

(I also read the books so I have that to pull from. She uses Geralt's amnesia against him, and is generally acts like a teenager who wants to get laid.)

Yenn was kind of a butthole in 3 though, she was constantly negging Geralt through 3.

I didn't make a choice, and ended up getting a pretty great scene but ended those threads pretty poorly. 

Triss was the worst choice in the Witcher 1 at least. I'm still a bit bummed that the Witcher 2 didn't respect my choice and have Shani in it more.

17 hours ago, YoThatLimp said:

Yenn was kind of a butthole in 3 though, she was constantly negging Geralt through 3.

Agreed, but you can see how that might come through a prickly, wounded pride from having him (seemingly) ignore her and run off with her friend for the last two games.

On 7/6/2017 at 2:53 AM, Gwardinen said:

Agreed, but you can see how that might come through a prickly, wounded pride from having him (seemingly) ignore her and run off with her friend for the last two games.

Yeah, it makes sense- I still didn't like it :P

Good writing overall though, maybe not a lot of subtle but it's nice there was a bit of choice there. I generally don't like romance/sex in games, but it's fun they kind of force the choice on you before the end of game. 

On 7/5/2017 at 4:21 PM, Dewar said:

Triss was the worst choice in the Witcher 1 at least. I'm still a bit bummed that the Witcher 2 didn't respect my choice and have Shani in it more.

Agreed!

Recently replayed this, and then played the expansions for the first time.  I really, really loved Hearts of Stone despite it still being in Velen.  Really liked how focused the story was and gaunter o'dimm was really interesting.  Blood and Wine had a cool locale but I mostly didn't care about the story.  The expansions also felt like the first time where I really had to focus up on what bombs to use and stuff because some of the those fights were tough as hell.

Yo this game is gonna be on Switch

That's Wild

It doesn't look good at all but hey Witcher on the go 

Digital Foundry did a test last week where they tried to finagle a Switch environment and then get Withcer 3 working on it. The results were bad-to-passable, with lots of framerate problems. But I'm guessing this will be a really optimized version.

It has been confirmed to be 540p in handheld and dynamic up to 720p (but will rarely hit this) in docked mode. Also confirmed is that they will use a 32GB cartridge, meaning no extra downloads required. Very nice to see after a bunch of devs cheaped out on the cartridge size, forcing people to download the bulk of the game they bought physically.

The obvious stuff that was immediately visible from the trailer was that character models were very low poly (look at that crow again), textures are very basic (leather on Geralt's armour is basically a flat brown colour), and his hair is actually just terrible if you look at it for more than a second. 

Still, very interesting that Witcher devs wanted to get this game on there.