melmer

The Witcher 3: What Geralt Wants

W0uNf31.png

(The actual teaser trailer is out, but it's deeply boring so I won't post it)

Info from the game informer magazine

http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2013/02/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-announced.html

http://www.vg247.com/2013/02/05/the-witcher-3-goes-open-world-report/

Now here's the part that got me really excited..."Both horses and boats can be upgraded."

Fuck yeah! I'm going to have a six legged horse that breaths fire and can deploy chaff from its arse. How will you upgrade your horse?

Bring it on. Loved the first and the 2nd. And while I did like the focus on politics in the 2nd, I'm looking forward to some more Witching based Witchering. It feels right to kind of be done with the heavy politics for the 3rd one. I'm curious about the revamped combat, but riddle me this; if there's 96 combat animations and they're all the same length, can all be cancelled out of and are on the same button, then the distinction is only visual, so what is the point? I'm sure that's where the Aard's will come in (and traps and Witcher powers), but I guess I'm just a little annoyed at meaningless numbers.

That aside, I looooove the idea that it's actually open world now! I WANT TO SEE MOOOOORE.

It's in the VG247 article Mington linked, but I already misread it somewhat. SORRY. I would just like to see them actually nail the combat system after 2 so-so attempts. If they went with a more Arkham type combat system, I'd be totally cool with that. Then suddenly this bit makes more sense too:

Geralt now has 96 combat animations, as opposed to 20 in The Witcher 2, but to avoid the player being caught in long animations, three major changes have been made: every button is mapped to a single strike; every move takes about the same amount of time; and all moves can be interrupted to dodge or block.

On rereading and rereading it again, I have no idea what "every button is mapped to a single strike" is supposed to mean. I will wait and see.

Honestly, the beard tech will make or break this game for me.

Maybe they'll introduce new weapons so the new animations are for axes and flails (I do love a good flail). Or it could just be context critical hit moves for each enemy species

Being open world 30 times the size of the witches 2, they're going to have to introduce a jump button right?!

:) Not an option I'm afraid

"In place of the former dodge roll, Geralt has a new pivot move “that retains its defensive utility without game-breaking mobility.”

OH MY GOD THAT GUY'S HAIR!!!!!

It feels like Witcher 2 only came out last year or something, I'm still mega impressed by these guys.

I've never played these games before. Witcher 2 looked interesting, and I like that it was a gross, unfiltered, less predictable fantasy world than Skyrim or Dragon Age. Should I get Witcher 2? The spells and potions are interesting, right? I'm KIND OF worried that I'll get 5 hours in and it'll revert to dwarves and elves and boring forgettable politics and I'll be dragging myself to the finish line like Assassin's Creed 1.

Maybe I'll get my new PC and Witcher 2'll be the first game on it.

Rolling down a hill that big in real life would beat the crap out of you, and then I guess you'd throw up immeadiately.

Witcher 1/2 are great but you have to enjoy: RPGs, long Bioware-style conversations, cutscenes and have a pretty healthy tolerance for Elves and Dwarves.

That video gave me the vibe that they are going for "a more personal BUT STILL EPIC FUCK YEAH" story, with the mention of a threat that is a threat to both Geralt and the human race.

Also, I didn't like the monsters they showed.

But I don't doubt that it will be an interesting game. And if it will be more about monster hunting, that's basically 90% of what I wish for from a Witcher 3. The first two are probably in my Top 2 favourite RPGs.

BTW. Where is the teaser? I searched for it, and must have missed this last year, seems there was one in March about Nilfgaard invading (which makes it more likely that the story won't be very personal indeed).

^ That video played after the credits rolled in the witcher 2... I think they added it for the extended edition

Here's the W3 teaser

I was hoping for a full trailer from the studio who did the cyberpunk and witcher 2 intro (which is the coolest intro ever, I watched it all the way through practically every time I started up the game)

Witcher 2 intro, that was added for the extended addition I believe:

I was hoping for a full trailer from the studio who did the ... witcher 2 intro (which is the cool intro ever, I watched it all the way through practically every time I started up the game)

Do you mean The Witcher 1? Because for me that was the awesomest and I did watch it almost every time, probably on all 3 playthroughs.

I've not seen the witcher 1 intro... I'll hunt it down now

This one? (Yep, sorry you just posted it)

What the hell was all that about. :/ I realised in the last 5sec that that must be the

vampire princess all the peasant talk about

What the hell was all that about. :/ I realised in the last 5sec that that must be the

vampire princess all the peasant talk about

Yeah that was about a princess... don't know if a Strigga is a vampire though.

Majorish spoiler for the first game:

near the end of Witcher 1 you can actually save her a second time

Anyway, that video basically defined much of who Geralt is, since it was the first thing you saw when you ran the game and before the first game there were only the books which aren't really that popular around the world as far as I know.

Awesome! Just what I was looking for, more or less.

While I was vastly disappointed, again, by the latest TES it's still nice to know it's inspiring games like this and DA3 that I probably would actually enjoy (*guessing on DA3, Bioware's writing has been Michael Bay horrid of late). Bring on the RPG genre I say, or at least something besides shooters with a triple A budget.