Sign in to follow this  
Dewar

Fishing Games

I've been trawling my way back through the Idel Thumbs Twitch archive and I ended up watching most of the Super Black Bass stream with rapt attention. That got me to start looking around for other well-rated fishing games, either recent or old, and (surprise surprise) those sorts of games don't get a lot of play on review sites. I eventually found this list of best fishing games authored by an actual fishing website http://www.worldfishingnetwork.com/users/wfn/blog/top-10-best-fishing-games-of-all-time-99046.aspx, and settled on "The Strike" (http://www.amazon.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-Strike-Xbox-360/dp/B002HT3VJ4) as the right cross section of cheap and and recent. I still might pick up a copy of Super Black Bass though, it's cheap on Amazon as well.

Anyway, that's a long winded story to ask if anyone else has any good fishing game experiences that would be worth looking into.

Whoa, I'm watching that stream right now too. It's like we're both looking up at the same moon in the night sky. *_*

Somebody in a reader mail suggested Fishing Resort for the Wii, which as it turns out is not bad. Not as intense a simulation as Super Black Bass, but very pretty.

The Strike is pretty bad, in case anyone is curious. It really does a bad job of surfacing any of the mini-goals (apparently there are boat races and exploration points,) any real useful fishing information, or any instruction about the game mechanics at all outside of 2 minute casting and driving tutorial. I can't imagine someone who's more fishing-minded and less game-minded even being able to figure out what to do,

Oh well, I still had about $5 worth of fun. I managed to score a copy of Rapala Pro Bass Fishing 2010 for $10. Supposedly the presentation is a ton better, I guess we'll see.