soggybagel

Video Game Trailers

Huh. Games as drugs. I know it's an old trope but playing it that straight just seems a bit crass, what with the specious links made recently between gaming and other social ills. Do we really want gaming to be seen in that light? I know it's just some oblivious marketing drone's brain fart, but it still rankles.

Nintendo's Canadian marketing department is not known for their taste.

Also, I would cut the Metroid Prime 2 commercial some slack. It's nearly ten years old.

The PS4 thread reminded me of this European PlayStation ad, which is simultaneously the classiest and most tasteless advertisement ever made for a Sony console.

The Playstation commercials are either horrible of genius. The dual lives one is really cool.

As for the Time and Eternity trailer though; the voice over is basically saying all the stuff that is in Japanese trailers out loud, that usually gets written with double exclamation points. Wow, does that ever not work as a trailer VO. It reminded me of Remo's 'smoky sax' interludes in the ODST episode. Video... games? Salacious Crumb...!!

That Time and Eternity trailer makes me feel bad about playing JRPGs, holy shit.

There's so much complete nonsense and so many horrible stereotypes embodied in that thing.