So, GDC is coming up soon. I am excited, because I have applied to be (and been accepted as) a Conference Associate/Volunteer. Are any of you guys going? What do you anticipate from this year's GDC? New console stuff? The new Bungie game Destiny? Nels Anderson's talk about Mark of the Ninja? Here is a thread to discuss all those things; and, while you're at it, suggest crazy things for me to do in San Francisco (and where to eat).

I would like to go, but unfortunately I'm not one of the five richest kings of Europe, so I can't afford it.

Next year apply to be a volunteer! You get an all-access pass for FREE*!

*you work for 20 hours over six days and that's it :)

That's a swell idea, might just try that next year. 20 hrs is little to pay for one of the coolest conferences in the industry.

Speedy, if it's still open, check out http://www.atlasobscura.com/places/musee-mecanique It's an awesome collection of 100 year old penny arcade machines. Very cool. Also eat all the burritos. My favorite is Papalote's fish burrito. I try not to think about it. Gotta keep the saliva IN my mouth.

If even just a few of the rumors pan out, GDC is going to be unrestricted insanity this year.

If even just a few of the rumors pan out, GDC is going to be unrestricted insanity this year.

Agreed. I'm actually really excited for just the Bungie thing; if the consoles are revealed/talked about too, it's going to be so weird/awesome.

So what are you doing here at richeuropeankings.com?

Christ toblix. Best.

Speedy, if it's still open, check out http://www.atlasobsc...musee-mecanique It's an awesome collection of 100 year old penny arcade machines. Very cool.

That looks freaky as hell man. And the fish burrito, I dunno. I like meat burritos...

I'll be there for the first time in a few years, mostly because I'm working on some of it. I don't think the thing I'm working on most of the week is announced yet, but I'll also be helping out with one of the parties too.

That looks freaky as hell man. And the fish burrito, I dunno. I like meat burritos...

You can give a man a fish burrito...

You can give a man a fish burrito...

But you cannot make me eat it, jeeze. Ew. (I will try it, for sure!)

Funny, my brain closed that as "but if you teach a man to fish burrito, he will have fish burrito for life."

Protip: For GDC attendees willing to walk a bit there's some really good food to be had without the conference crowds. HRD Coffee Shop at 3rd and Bryant, for example, makes a spicy pork and kimchee burrito that is amazing.

Protip: For GDC attendees willing to walk a bit there's some really good food to be had without the conference crowds. HRD Coffee Shop at 3rd and Bryant, for example, makes a spicy pork and kimchee burrito that is amazing.

That sounds amazing.

Thanks tabacco. Looks like it's kind of on the way to the apartment I'm staying in :)

Any other recommendations from people in San Francsico? I used to know loads of places, but I'm sure they're out of date given I haven't been since 2009

Thanks tabacco. Looks like it's kind of on the way to the apartment I'm staying in :)

Any other recommendations from people in San Francsico? I used to know loads of places, but I'm sure they're out of date given I haven't been since 2009

For food?

- Ruchi, 3rd and Bryant also (South Indian food)

- The American Grilled Cheese Kitchen, 2nd and South Park (You can guess their menu)

- 21st Amendment, 2nd and South Park also (Brewery/Restaurant)

- Farmer Brown's Little Skillet, Ritch between Townsend and Brannan (Fried chicken and waffles)

Awesome, thanks dude!

So, uh, yeah - if any thumbs want to hang out and grab a bite to eat at these places, let's do it! Is there any one particular thing you'd recommend for sure to eat tabacco?

I missed GDC by 2 days last year when I moved down, so I'm especially excited to attend this year.

Would totally meet up with the folks here whenever,and will write up some recommendations for food/drinks/stuff this weekend. No expert, just my first year impressions.

Thanks again Tabacco :)

Meetups: Yes! Pabosher will be out there too.

pabosher is me!

I missed GDC by 2 days last year when I moved down, so I'm especially excited to attend this year.

Would totally meet up with the folks here whenever,and will write up some recommendations for food/drinks/stuff this weekend. No expert, just my first year impressions.

Rad, that sounds good man.

Along with the food, which I'm genuinely most excited for, what is everyone hoping for from the conference?