Sign in to follow this  
toblix

Old Computer Magazines

I've always regretted getting rid of all my computer magazines, so my joy was great when I discovered that someonehad been busy scanning them, and many others, and putting them up for download as a «bit torrent». It's so great browsing through them again – I wonder how much of my brain is being used to remember all this stuff.

LkEqXhC.jpg

I still have all my old issues of Amiga Power :) And possibly some Your Sinclair around somewhere, too.

Those were the days...

Edit: Oh shit! That link is awesome! I'm currently downloading Your Spectrum, Your Sinclair and Crash! Woot! (No Amiga Power, though. It'd be nice to have them on my iPad.)

More from 1988... 26 years ago(!). Your Sinclair got a lot of backlash from their readers for featuring this page three girl on their cover (and including a "pin-up", to boot):

YourSinclair2900001_zps1d421051.jpg

A few issues later, the debate was still going on. This reader tries to rationalize her appearance in a leopard skin bikini...

YourSinclair3500015_zpsc49eb91b.jpg

I still have all my old issues of Amiga Power :)

I *really* regret getting rid of my Amiga Power issues. Especially the J.F.K. Assassination Special they did to fill pages during the rapid decline of the Amiga.

It's clear from this evidence... that we should be playing Sid Meier's Covert Action.

is the best advert slogan ever and preferable to any IGN.com nonsense.

I still have a ton of PC format, Game Boy Action, CVG and various others at my folks house. I should dig them out :)

I'm glad the cover girl thing went out of fashion (? got lambasted) in the 90's, all those Future Music's with girls posing with music equipment were just embarrassing :|

I *really* regret getting rid of my Amiga Power issues.

Sigggh, me too. They shaped my knowledge of not just Amiga games but films, music, literature, fashion, attitude and even fucking diet (that one page about what to have on toast or something). Reading them digitally just isn't the same.

I put a line about "inevitable slippy-slidey ice levels" into BTDT as a tribute.

Sigggh, me too. They shaped my knowledge of not just Amiga games but films, music, literature, fashion, attitude and even fucking diet (that one page about what to have on toast or something). Reading them digitally just isn't the same.

It's almost worth buying a tablet device just to be able to read them :)

Speaking of which, I was reading the first issues of Your Sinclair (actually Your Spectrum) from 1984 last night (so much fun) and stumbled across this doozy:

Untitled-13_zps9539dde9.jpg

I'm now more convinced than ever that immature men essentially pushed women away from computers -- most of the hardcore techy articles in the same issue, including machine code programming tips, were written by women. 10 years later and women would only be doing the art layouts for computer magazines.

Huh. You could probably make a pretty interesting thesis by taking a few computer magazines and comparing the number of articles written by men and women through the years.

We had stacks of your sinclair magazines, i don't remember ever reading any of them we just bought them for the demo tapes. Cool website, i found this and instantly thought

Ghouls'n Ghosts

1276_rising-sea-levels.png

Ah yes, since the '90s no gaming magazines have had any cover girls.

Oh :(

Well at least Future Music stopped having cover girls :|