Sean

Idle Thumbs 90: Passive But Deadly

I second the Sublime Text recommendation. Great editor, I use it for everything.

I'll add another vote to Sublime. It is very powerful, but horribly documented.

I tried Sublime last year and hated it, because I am terrible.

I gave sublime a short try. And I'm not seeing the $70 worth yet. It feels a bit like simpler gvim

I probably wouldn't enjoy Sublime if I actually paid for it. I have difficulty justifying $70 for any program, let alone a text editor. (A big reason I haven't bought Skyrim, thanks to the Australian pricing differential.)

I probably wouldn't enjoy Sublime if I actually paid for it. I have difficulty justifying $70 for any program, let alone a text editor. (A big reason I haven't bought Skyrim, thanks to the Australian pricing differential.)

If you spend all day coding or working with huge text files, it's well worth it. I've been continually renewing my license of UltraEdit for 12 years just because it's the only editor I've found that has all to tools I need for work in one package.

Probably worth mentioning: there's now an NYC version of real room escape: http://escapetheroomnyc.com/

No idea if it's affiliated, and I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Also, for Boston people that are interested, there's a place called 5 wits that's been doing similar stuff for a while. They used to have a Indiana Jones / Tomb-Raider type one, but now they appear to be spy and Captain Nemo themed: http://www.5-wits.com/index.aspx