They probably just have a lot of soup (By they, I mean 'the Aliens')

It's a well known fact 'the Aliens' don't have mouths, so they drink their cream of space tomato soup using osmosis normally through the elbow. They do this as it a good way of testing the temperature. Two birds with one meteorite

So then they poop through "reverse osmosis"? ZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGG!!!

No need of a space asshole

They osmo-poop out of the soles of their feet, leaving shitty footprints everywhere... Which then fertilises the space soil so they can grow more space tomatoes.

So how does digestion work in space when peristalsis has to do all of the work without any assistance from gravity (that's a hopefully intelligent way of asking how space poops work).

Peristalsis doesn't require gravity. Consider that you can still swallow things when upside. At least I think you can...

Yup. It's a little uncomfortable, but you totally can.

SCIENCE!

Hmmm, I thought gravity and peristalsis worked together to move food through the digestive tract. Not that you can't digest food in the absence of gravity, just that it is more difficult.

With the way the digestive tract wanders around, you're only getting a foot or two of gravity over the entire 30 foot run of the intestine. I imagine the swallowing and stomach parts of the system function better with gravity, but that's a short enough run that muscles can take care of it.

I wonder what keeps astronauts from having acid reflux all the time without gravity keeping the stomach acid in the bottom of the stomach.

I wonder what keeps astronauts from having acid reflux all the time without gravity keeping the stomach acid in the bottom of the stomach.

I'm sure there's a lot they're not telling us for our own good. 

Pffft. Everyone knows that the mars rovers have really just been travelling around on a secret movie set in Hollywood. These are all lies perpetuated by the liberal media. Space doesn't exist!

Basically I freak out every time Curiosity finds something. I was staring at the pictures it sent back for like 5 minutes, aware that I was looking at a place that no human has ever been, an actual alien world, and the enormity that I could see something like that moments after its capture, lit up on a screen on the shoreline of Australia.

And the first person I tried to share it with said 'it's a bunch of rocks'.

WATER ON MARRRRRRRRRRRRRS

For me there was something kinda amazing about the way the south pole's isolation from the rest of the world is brought home by that sequence, it's utterly the only unchanging thing in a world in flux.

Would a;so love to see the same image but with sea temperature mapped in too

After reading the Kim Stanley Robinson Mars trilogy, I'm way interested in hanging out on Mars. Sign me up. I'll definitely man a Martian telescope. Less atmosphere to blur the observations. Thanks for pointing out this video!

In 2004, the European Space Agency launched a probe called Rosetta.  On August 6th of this year, it met up with Comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko.  This week, the Philae lander will launch from Rosetta and attempt to touchdown on the surface of the comet.  This is the first ever attempt to land on a comet.  NASA and the ESA will be broadcasting the event live.  See here for details and times.

Philae has just minutes ago successfully landed on the comet!