Imagine the things we can do with Jupiter's big red spot!

Imagine the things we can do with Jupiter's big red spot!

"Picture it son, a goatse as wide as an ocean, hovering ever-present in the night sky as an unending testament to man's childishness."

"Picture it son, a goatse as wide as an ocean, hovering ever-present in the night sky as an unending testament to man's childishness."

clearly goatse belongs on uranus. Obvious but someone had to say it

Weightlessness continues to be cool.

maybe I'm dumb, but that seems dangerous -- letting those drops of water fly all over the place, with all those wires and instruments about. They must have thought of that and maybe everything is properly insulated, but my first instinct was still to worry about those drops.

Originally posted on Saturday Morning Stream thread. Just to make sure that no one misses it.

Attention Chris Remo: Commander Hadfield performs Space Oddity aboard the ISS:

Erkki, I think the ventilation system would suck up any water droplets pretty quickly. Also most of the wires you see are discreet science experiments, not crucial station systems.

I found that Space Oddity video on BoingBoing this morning and I've been listening to it all day.

Because I have not owned money in quite some time, I completely failed to realize that Canada is finally completing the set of sweet new Blade Runner money they started introducing a while back, and the new five is possibly the greatest single piece of currency ever designed. Because space.

xIz1Bbe.jpg

Those five dollar bills look too cool.  Suppose its a good thing cause it may keep them in my wallet for longer.

I'm not a big fan of our new money. It's just too damned smooth. I can never tell if I'm holding one bill or three unless I do that "lick your fingers and rub them around" thing that people do to separate sides of a plastic bag. The bills look cool, and are a good idea, but shit do they need some texture.

I'm not a big fan of our new money. It's just too damned smooth. I can never tell if I'm holding one bill or three unless I do that "lick your fingers and rub them around" thing that people do to separate sides of a plastic bag. The bills look cool, and are a good idea, but shit do they need some texture.

I know. There have been too many times where I have almost given away two or even three times the number of bills I meant to. They all sort of stick together, and you have to constantly be paying attention to how many you have.

How you wash your hair in space! If I ever go to space I'm going to cut my hair in such a way that I look like a super saiyan.

So how does digestion work in space when peristalsis has to do all of the work without any assistance from gravity (that's a hopefully intelligent way of asking how space poops work).

They probably just have a lot of soup (By they, I mean 'the Aliens')

It's a well known fact 'the Aliens' don't have mouths, so they drink their cream of space tomato soup using osmosis normally through the elbow. They do this as it a good way of testing the temperature. Two birds with one meteorite