Sign in to follow this  
toblix

Cyberpunk 2077

Yeah. Watch the trailer, she has like raptor-claws.

I think the point is that this robot-enhanced cyber-babe 3000 forgot what humanity was and went on a rampage, then like neo-cops jacked in to the grid and de-rezzed her just in time or whatever.

Then at the end she's on their team with no hair, so I guess like hair makes you go crazy in this universe. So that's a fairly interesting twist.

Cyber Me Timbers?

:tup:

Yeah. Watch the trailer, she has like raptor-claws.

I think the point is that this robot-enhanced cyber-babe 3000 forgot what humanity was and went on a rampage, then like neo-cops jacked in to the grid and de-rezzed her just in time or whatever.

:tup:

I think the postfix -punk now means "Not even tiny little bit punk". Oh god the writing:

Welcome to the year 2077. More info: http://www.cyberpunk.net/

The teaser shows how the Psycho Squad might acquire a new member.

The Psycho Squad specializes in combating "psychos" -- individuals who overuse implants and substances that boost or otherwise alter the human body.

There comes a point when they overdose on these innovations, and their bodies start to rebel against their biological body parts as well as all things organic around them. Simply put, they start killing people, who they now derisively call "meatbags."

When a psycho goes on the rampage, strange things can happen. There's carnage, and the psycho might be taken down by regular police, but they're not always able to get the job done.

When things spin out of control, they call in MAX-TAC (Maximum Force Tactical Division), popularly called the Psycho Squad.

It's like a mod idea without the typos. If it didn't have the incredibly glossy trailer above it, I'd expect the last line to be "It's going to be amazing, I just need coders, texture artists, level designers, an audio guy, and 3D modellers to make it happen. My job as team lead is game design and ideas".

Welcome to the 90's. It's like a mod idea without the typos. If it didn't have the incredibly glossy trailer above it, I'd expect the last line to be "It's going to be amazing, I just need coders, texture artists, level designers, an audio guy, and 3D modellers to make it happen. My job as team lead is game design and ideas".

Uhh, I think this is the best pitch for this game I've heard so far. You kinda sold me on it, actually.

So what you're saying is that they've updated the style considerably, considering that it's adapting a game from 1988!

When I get to a computer (aka cyberdeck) I plan on posting some hair-raisingly 90s rpg art, so hold onto your butts.

HSBHF.jpg

The first edition took place in 2013. Far flung!

mJOlx.jpg

zYaWX.png

x0fJw.png

lc32d.png

EBMgc.png

Qevkl.jpg

BtZev.jpg

oiHmP.jpg

There does seem to be a hot, scantily clad babe theme here. One of these drawings also shows up as an advertisement in the trailer, which is kinda nifty.

That trailer was slick and awesome and managed to get me jazzed for the game without actually saying anything at all, and also Witcher 3 so you can be double-stoked.

Advertising works.

Yeah, it's like they've perfected the art of the teased teaser trailer tease. Announce (tease) one week before the trailer with some art, and let people know exactly when the trailer is going to drop (I think this is key) then drip feed little bits of art throughout the week. Then release a decent trailer! Profit.

How often have we had an ambiguous tease for something that actually turns out to be shit

I am vaguely interested in this title, but that trailer is really gross. "Let's shoot some hot cyborg lady in the head" is not particularly enticing, and also reveals very little about either the universe or the game, other than that both will feature hot cyborgs and army guys who can shoot people. Neither of which is really surprising or interesting.

I'm all for this killing-spree knife-woman dripping with blood, but man if only she had smaller breasts!

Space-cops shooting at robots from flying cars in slow-motion is all well and good, but a sexy lady is just obvious pandering.

This is a reason I love CD Projekt Red "You're pandering with all the sex stuff?" them "So?"

Also, I sometimes forget that there are people turned off by fictional violence. I always found it weird, I know it's fictional, what do I care? There's no link between playing video violent video games and violence, so I guess it's something else. But it's odd to come to a website full of people that have played video games for years and see violence being put down, when it's 90% of the games out there.

Really, what's the difference between fictional violence against some android made to look cool, and killing a thousand dudes in a video game made to look cool? Heck, you're fictionalizing violence against a mostly robot lady here, and that's you're problem? Not the hundreds of guys you might murder in the game?

Also, I sometimes forget that there are people turned off by fictional violence. I always found it weird, I know it's fictional, what do I care? There's no link between playing video violent video games and violence, so I guess it's something else. But it's odd to come to a website full of people that have played video games for years and see violence being put down, when it's 90% of the games out there.

I'm with you on this one. Same goes for fictional torture. It's obvious that fictional torture does not lead to real life torture. Why can't people just stop complaining and enjoy it for what it is? Bloody good fun.

Really, what's the difference between fictional violence against some android made to look cool, and killing a thousand dudes in a video game made to look cool? Heck, you're fictionalizing violence against a mostly robot lady here, and that's you're problem? Not the hundreds of guys you might murder in the game?

Hey, just because she has sword-arms doesn't mean she isn't human :P

Same goes for fictional torture. It's obvious that fictional torture does not lead to real life torture. Why can't people just stop complaining and enjoy it for what it is? Bloody good fun.

Erm, not quite (First drop cap to next page. tl;dr: Because of 24, U.S. army courses in interrogation had idiots turning up with useless preconceptions that cause shit like Abu Ghraib). I'm not saying that violence in games is bad, because I don't believe it is, but a parallel with torture isn't exactly accurate. Sure, it doesn't compel any of us to immediately go out and hurt someone else, but most depictions of it do place in our heads a completely inaccurate model of human behaviour and effective action.

But it's odd to come to a website full of people that have played video games for years and see violence being put down, when it's 90% of the games out there.

That's kind of why people are putting it down though, right? It's like 90% of video games, and it's therefore sort of boring? The trailer is trying to get an emotional response out of the situation, but I can't help but think that we're pretty damn numb to this sort of thing by now..

Erm, not quite (First drop cap to next page. tl;dr: Because of 24, U.S. army courses in interrogation had idiots turning up with useless preconceptions that cause shit like Abu Ghraib). I'm not saying that violence in games is bad, because I don't believe it is, but a parallel with torture isn't exactly accurate. Sure, it doesn't compel any of us to immediately go out and hurt someone else, but most depictions of it do place in our heads a completely inaccurate model of human behaviour and effective action.

Yeah, I was just trying to point out - in a dick-ish way, I admit - that even if something is purely fictional and does not connect to real world in any way (like violence according to Frenetic Pony), people can still object to and be turned off by it. I thought torture would be a good example, because a lot of people react to its depiction in fiction (latest Splinter Cell games for example). It seems that the comparison wasn't very successful after all.