tegan

Pokémon X and Y

Random thing: Wolfram Alpha now includes a basic Pokedex

Random followup to random thing: If you enter "Pokemon-like curve" and replace the word Pokemon with the name of a Pokemon, Wolfram Alpha will generate mathematical equations that when plotted make a drawing of said Pokemon.  You can also do stuff like searching for "Pokemon with speed greater than 80" or "Pokemon with highest special attack" and get the relevant data.  X and Y data is currently being added.

That map would have been useful last weekend... XP

Pokémon Global Link is up, but it's not really working yet... still... I took a bunch of photos, but only the last two are in my profile and it seems I can't share my trainer video... Why put so much work on it if it's so hard to share?

The Pokémiles Club is still not working, that might be interesting, but right now? I think I'll just pet the Pokémon I own and haven't petted yet and that's about it. I really don't watch to catch the Legendary Birds for N-th time.

It seems like with each game I care less about the extra content since it's growing with each one, I think I could trade with previous versions or something with the last one, but still, getting them all is just too much of a hassle.

Apparently there is a Mew, I don't even want to know how to get I only know some brat demanded one for my Charmander.  :|

I got a Ditto! Now I can breed anything! Any requests? I'm making like a billion Noibats to send to Wonder Trade right now.

Thanks for the Noibat Tegan! What starters did you choose? I got frog and squirtle, so if you don't have them I'd love to grab a bred one from ya =D

I got Froakie and Charmander. Right now I have Fennekin, Bulbasaur, and Squirtle in a box somewhere too though.

Any thoughts on Gardevoir vs Gallade? I like Gardevoir more aesthetically and the new Fairy sub-type seems like a neat novelty, but Gallade's move pool and type combination seem a lot more efficient long term. My current/near-future team composition includes neither a Fairy-type nor a Fighting-type, so they both could fit quite well as far as type coverage goes.

Also: Any insight into how I can get a Dawn Stone in XY, if I choose Gallade?

Gallade's kind of redundant now that we have Mega Mewtwo X and Mega Medicham. It really all comes down to how good your Steel coverage is without Gardevoir/Gallade. If it's weak, go for Gallade. Otherwise I'd pick Gardevoir.

Side note: I hear Defog removes all entry hazards now, including the new one (Sticky Web). Scizor and Shiftry can learn it in addition to Flying-types. Crazy how it went from the worst HM ever to likely becoming the new Rapid Spin.

I'm Y, but I suppose Medicham is a valid option. Something to consider, for sure. Thanks.

I got Froakie and Charmander. Right now I have Fennekin, Bulbasaur, and Squirtle in a box somewhere too though.

Woops, I meant I have Froakie and bulbasaur! And I picked up Charmander and Squirtle.

Would love Fennekin if you're looking to trade next time I see you on.

I'm in the market for a Modest pokemon with the synchronize ability (I wanna catch Xerneas with that trait). All the pokemon I can catch right now that have synchronize are frustratingly rare, and so trying to catch a modest one in the wild is proving even more tedious than catching a modest Xerneas without one. 

If one of y'all happen to just have one already, though... for some reason... well, I want it.

Gotta ask or you'll never know.

Do we have each other friended? Because I've got a Modest Munna here. Breeding you one as we speak.

Oh sweet! I'm 4098-3516-2510.

I just got swindled by a GTS trade claiming to be a modest Abra (thankfully not for anything too valuable). It sucks that there doesn't seem to be a way to check that kind of stuff over GTS. That seems like it would've been a good idea.

My first trade of Pokemon X/Y, most excellent! I'm (obviously) not past Xerneas yet so I don't really have much on offer for trade.

Before I forget: I'm collecting Vivillon. Your pattern is based on geographic location, so I can get infinite Polar Vivillon for anyone who wants one. Right now I have Polar, Elegant, Continental, Modern, and High Plains. Looking for the rest, so let me know if you happen to be able to get one.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but is there something that makes Pokemon automatically pick a move?  Every now and then my Pokemon will just repeat the last move before I tell it to do anything.  All my Pokemon are below 15 and I have 1 badge so I don't think they're disobeying me.  I'm not getting hit with any kind of status effect I know of that would cause this (so far I've only been hit with paralysis) and it sometimes happens when I have no status at all.  It's occasionally prevented me from catching a new Pokemon.  I don't know if it's the game, my 3DS, or my memory card.  I had some trouble downloading it so maybe something happened.  It also froze once already so perhaps it's just a weird bug?

So I'm an idiot and didn't realize that Rollout would attack several turns in a row.  I'm basically one of those dumb NPC trainers that's surprised by obvious and well known mechanics.

Also thanks for the trades Teg.

wat

I just encountered a Moltres in a random low-level area while accidentally treading through some flowers, got really excited, and then immediately really sad when it fled before I could even take one turn.

So I guess that happens.

You have to do some stupid thing to catch them now, I think you lead them somewhere special? That cave in the north I think. But catching MewTwo was enough for me, I refuse to chase after these guys again. I just turn the game on to pet Pokémon I haven't petted yet and that's about it.

I haven't touched Pokemon-Amie and I have no intention of doing so unless I'm required to to get them to evolve or something.

Also what's with the weird ghost girl that showed up a few times and then I never saw her again.

Some Pokémon only evolve when happy enough. Which ghost girl? You mean the celebrity that keeps appearing or the hex maniacs/ghost users?

She looks like a hex maniac, but she acts like a spooky spook, all creepy and stuff. There's one of those science buildings in (northern, I think) Lumiose city, the second floor is empty, and when you go there, she comes out of the elevator behind you, just kind of floating, not animating, saying something about "you're not the one" and then going back into the elevator.

I think I saw her again in the big fancy hotel, in one of the rooms, just up against a wall, but that might have been a regular hex maniac just being a weird weirdo.

EDIT: Ah, here. This girl.

Nobody's figured out what elevator girl's deal is. I love it. My guess is that there'll be an event Ghost-type or something.

Another sort of spooky-ooky thing: read the back of the second train schedule in Luminose Station.

Before I forget: I'm collecting Vivillon. Your pattern is based on geographic location, so I can get infinite Polar Vivillon for anyone who wants one. Right now I have Polar, Elegant, Continental, Modern, and High Plains. Looking for the rest, so let me know if you happen to be able to get one.

Mine is continental, apparently. How boring.

I finished the campaign today. Let the postgame commence!

...I also got into that fashionable boutique in Lumiose City and jesus fuck is it ever expensive.