Sign in to follow this  
Troy Goodfellow

Episode 200: Tapping Past Bastogne

2013 opens with a look at Shenandoah Studios' Battle of the Bulge for iPad. Everyone agrees that it is shiny and beautiful, but does it work as it should? Is it even a Bulge game at all? Listen as Troy, Bruce and Julian work out what makes Battle of the Bulge a near perfect match of design and platform

Listen here

Gameographies of major players at Shenandoah

John H Butterfield

Joe Miranda

Eric Lee Smith

Bruce's review

Troy's comments

Indeed. The music made me laugh out aloud, at work. My pod peoples are giving me strange looks, again.

I haven't had a chance to try out Battle of the Bulge for the iPad yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

I have been enjoying the game, but at least as Axis against Monty I feel like I win by accident. I'm a pretty terrible war-gamer It was never a genre I was interested in when I was younger, but now I want to be. I've managed to win the Battle and the Race after a couple of tries. I feel these were wins of chance not me being a good (or even passable) strategist.

I won't stop playing. I want to understand the game better. I think the challenge is not if you win, but how well you win. But it seems like multiplayer is the way to go.

Hit me up if you'd like to play: warthurton on GameCenter

I am now the happy owner of an iPad so I was finally able to play this game. So fantastic! Between this and Eclipse I've been getting a lot of excellent strategy gaming in lately. Can't wait to see Shenandoah Studios's next effort.

I am now the happy owner of an iPad so I was finally able to play this game. So fantastic! Between this and Eclipse I've been getting a lot of excellent strategy gaming in lately. Can't wait to see Shenandoah Studios's next effort.

Great to hear it.  El Alamein is currently in playtesting.  I have been debating getting in on the playtest (which is being done as a boardgame) vs letting myself be surprised on release.