Sign in to follow this  
castorp

post-7099-0-07911400-1355969881.jpeg

2006-2012

Serious to the point of smug,

even dead I still want to punch him.

Castrop, can you explain your serial killer avatar now?

You mean the old one, no? It's Nr 100 of Mark "Double Fine" Hamers great Polaroids. Besides looking like a serial killer the guy looked quite a bit like me.

Nach, I remember that, very disturbing disturbing picture. Like a baby/monster-bank robber.

Nach, I remember that, very disturbing disturbing picture. Like a baby/monster-bank robber.

Originally it was a washing powder box with a smiling baby on it. I was sat at the kitchen table with that and a permanent marker around, I think something about terrorism had just been on the news, and one thing led to another.

Yeah haha, the old one. One time I was reading these forums and my girlfriend saw your avatar, asking, "What's with that creepy guy?"

Haha.

I can remember enough parties where people bore this thought behind their awkward eyes glancing in my direction, before, relieved, returning to their world of pretty people making sense and unstrained happiness.

I, for one, welcome this change subbes.

Was Doug's grammar getting on your nerves? Mr. Funnie isn't good with words.

Oh, his grammar impediment was rather intriguing, it were the drawing style and typography that put me off.

Or2Y9Yb.gif

Farewell... Latex Link

You served me well for years, but we send you out into the ether

where another immature soul might don you

as their forum avatar.

post-8283-0-72052800-1364969718.png

Clementine Clementine with Santa hat

15 November 2012 - 2 April 2013

I marathoned Adventure Time this week and felt like changing to Marceline the Vampire Queen. I also felt like explaining what the heck my old avatar was, because I always knew it was shrunk and cropped so badly that it was pretty much impossible to figure out. It's a piece of concept art for a French animated series called Baidir that's been in development hell since like 2009.

fCDER.jpg

The trailer looks incredible. Reminded me a bit of 'Tekkon Kinkreet', which is great. Is it the kind of development hell where the series will come out of eventually, or the eternity-kind?

That concept trailer was all that existed until summer of last year when it got picked up for production by Ankama, the studio responsible for the excellent animated series Wakfu. Ankama is kind of notorious for long waits between output, so it's probably going to be at least another year or two before they have anything to show for it.

In the spirit of reclaiming anime avatars, I'm bringing the Mr. Kimura Luigi out of retirement. So long, Burgermeister Meisterburger.

post-8283-0-52426200-1409282156.jpg

Guess I'll get in on this anime avatar thing too. Even though I know extremely little about anime! At least it clears me of the neckbearded penguin.

4i3Zqgc.png

6tCKa4R.jpgsORFyUI.png

I've used these two images of artist Hyung-Tae Kim as sources for avatars for going on 8 years now. He's a Korean artist that does concept work for RPGs; it's very exaggerated, but with a lot of detail to it, and that appealed to me.

I mean, I could switch 'em back for #reclaimanimeavatars, but honestly? I'm a different person now, and I don't have the same hangups about needing an avatar that is appealing but could never possibly be mistaken for a personal statement. (I have a completely different set of hangups)

So I'll light an arrow and send them off down the river, a noble sacrifice on a path of change.

ZbSoIYl.gif

I decided to replace Evil Kosh with Good Kosh for now.  I might go back to Evil Kosh eventually...but I'm in a Good Kosh mood and I use Good Kosh everywhere else that has avatars.

The Christmas hat on this has survived for around 14 months, and even my pre-Christmas confession post was hidden by looking like it related to someone else's tardy avatar:

6ba16a1db0.jpg

I still love Planetary, and Elijah particularly, but it's time to actualise and optimise my Personal Brand™