Wodenpwn

Full Bore: Its a game I'm making

Hi Thumbs,

I saw that someone else posted about the game they made here, so I was emboldened to talk about my own. I would love to get some feedback about it. The game is called Full Bore, and its a puzzle adventure platformer where the player interacts with the blocks of the levels to find treasure and explore the world. The blocks have different behaviors, and the player must learn and work with them to navigate. There is a demo available at www.gofullbore.com/demo or you can read/watch more about it at www.gofullbore.com. Additionally, the game has a great soundtrack, which you can preview through the site or hear on the demo. Thanks for reading, and I would love to respond to any comments or questions you have.

Looks very nice, reminds me of Amiga games and specifically Krusty's Fun House (having googled it, this isn't terribly accurate. I think it's the sprite that does it).

You realise that you're leaving yourselves wide open to snarky review quips with that title though, right?

The title was deliberate, I would love to force some journalists to use terrible puns in their headlines. Thanks for the comments! The sprites are normal mapped (well, some of them, we're working on getting them all mapped) and the game has a real time lighting system. The darker levels look really neat.

Isn't the title almost a triple pun combo already? Full bore=full speed, bore as in drilling and the obvious boar one? He dashes and digs so it's a appropriate! :3

I like how you can already see some variety in the levels in the trailer, not only in theme but mechanically too!

Yep, I'm Finn, I did all the animation, and most of the blocks and decorations. A graphic designer friend of ours helped out with some of the blocks, and Casey, our programmer helps out with pixel art too, since he's artistically inclined. The lighting engine was Casey's brainchild - the game was not as interesting to look at before he put that in.

Yeah, that's looking gorgeous. Like a modern, higher definition Amiga game. For some reason, it reminds me of both The Lost Vikings and Blocks That Matter.

Nice work :tup:

Can I consider the combination of studio name and game name to be a solemn resolution that you will only ever make swine-themed software entertainment products?

I'll see what I can do... We also want to make games with robots and dungeon insurance (in separate games).