darthbator

Return of the Steam Box!

What if the supposed "3" announcement is "Half Life 3D," a remake of the original game for 3D TVs and Oculus Rift.

It would be so disappointing that it has to come true.

What if the supposed "3" announcement is "Half Life 3D," a remake of the original game for 3D TVs and Oculus Rift.

It would be so disappointing that it has to come true.

Or Left 4 Dead 3.

Remember that leaked info from a month or so back?

Are they in a position to announce 3 different #3 titles? That would be some total bonkers stuff!!! TF3? HL3? L4D3?

BZY3O8Z.jpg

What is a DOta?

The meaning of life basically?!

Until the first thing. I wonder how long the countdown will be to the next two.. I hope the first thing is the SteamBox. If the first thing is some bio-sensor controller I'm a be disappoint! ..until later when they announce the next two things.

:fart: 

I was assuming it'd be 24 hours between the first and second and second and third thing, but what if I was wrong all along?!

Considering the count down timer is in hours/minutes/seconds my guess is that these three announcements will come no less than three days apart (although my initial thought was that this would get dragged out for months)

Could this "steam box" end up just being a "stream box" much like the Vita TV, a little box that will just stream you PC to your TV? is that more or less feasible than a whole mini PC thingy

Also, whatever it ends up being i really hope that they actually call it a Steam Box, as thats a bloody good name

Could this "steam box" end up just being a "stream box" much like the Vita TV, a little box that will just stream you PC to your TV? is that more or less feasible than a whole mini PC thingy

How well is NVidia's SHIELD selling? My guess is terribly to awfully.

I sure hope it's not just a streaming box.. The only reason I'm excited about this is if I don't have to buy an entire PC to play games.

Okay, so in two days they announce the hardware, and two days later HL3. Smart move.

^ That's what I think too. Although realistically what is the bigger announcement, a steam box or THE GAMES.

Maybe we'll get the steam box next and then a big fat multiple game reveal last consisting of L4D 3, DOTA 3..... I really don't think we're going to see anything HL related sorry guys

Stream box confirmed?

In-home Streaming

You can play all your Windows and Mac games on your SteamOS machine, too. Just turn on your existing computer and run Steam as you always have - then your SteamOS machine can stream those games over your home network straight to your TV!

...reductions in input latency at the operating system level. (Does that just refer to controllers)

SteamOS, that sounds REALLY SEXY. Consider me interested! I wonder if it'll be solid enough to replace Windows. I mean, I know it's based on Linux, but I don't know a damn about that.

A free OS with the Valve seal of quality. This could be huge and seriously impact the reach of Windows. I may be caught up in the excitement though.

O = SteamOS

[O ] = SteamOS in a steamBOX

O+O = SteamOS and gamez

Makes sense to me

YO

O+O = looks to me like that whatever the third announcement is it'll be tied to SteamOS. Whatever they're announcing on Friday be it HL3 or otherwise it'll be a SteamOS EXCLUSIVE

cryptography bitches

Streaming would be awesome for the Liunx HTPC I made last week. Now I can play all my Steam games from my bed instead of getting up and walking all the way to my workstation (which I guess is about 6 meters max)

O = SteamOS

[O ] = SteamOS in a steamBOX

O+O = SteamOS and gamez

Makes sense to me

YO

O+O = looks to me like that whatever the third announcement is it'll be tied to SteamOS. Whatever they're announcing on Friday be it HL3 or otherwise it'll be a SteamOS EXCLUSIVE

I think O+O will be "game sharing".

Given the streaming feature, it will probably be a small step to include twitch streaming from Steam.

As someone who doesn't even own a television and thinks Windows is pretty alright I really hope they don't tie Half-Life 3, Source 2 or whatever else to this SteamOS/Box stuff.