Sign in to follow this  
BigJKO

Sportsfriends!

This should probably be in the Kickstarter Compendium, but come on! After all this talk of J.S. Joust, Poleriders on the podcast I figured this deserved its own thread. There's only 10 hours left on the Kickstarter and they need $3.500 to make their goal. It's QWOP'd its way, stumbling, towards the goal in the past days but it needs a last push if it's going to make it.

All the shit that has been Kickstarted and this might not even make its modest goal..? That saddens me. Local Multiplayer gaming scene needs this to happen! Come on!

http://www.kickstart...sebastian-joust

Somebody just gave 20 000 dollars and they met their goal.

You mean $3000, right? It was at $147.000 and then suddenly jumped to $150.000.

EDIT: It was notch, he upped his pledge.

RDqOr.png

So how does kickstarter work? Does kickstarter hold on to the money until the 30 days are over, and if it doesn't meet it's target it doesn't release the monies?

If that is the case, i heard a game project missed it's target by $30 a while back...you would total just put the money in yourself

poor old pete, godus just ain't happening...if only he never released that stupid cube game this may have reached its target?!?

http://www.kickstart...us?ref=category

Kickstarter holds onto the information from every backer and then you're charged only if the goal is met.

GODUS might still happen. No one ever thought Maia or Sportsfriends were going to happen.

So how does kickstarter work? Does kickstarter hold on to the money until the 30 days are over, and if it doesn't meet it's target it doesn't release the monies?

If that is the case, i heard a game project missed it's target by $30 a while back...you would total just put the money in yourself

poor old pete, godus just ain't happening...if only he never released that stupid cube game this may have reached its target?!?

http://www.kickstart...us?ref=category

The team that missed by $30 actually needed a lot more than the minimum they set, that's why they didn't kick in their own money in. And it was the second time they had tried to get the product launched. Gamasutra has a good article on it.

EDIT: Bah, Nachimir beat me to it.

I'm in at the last minute! I got a PS Move on Black Friday sales, so now that I can check out JS Joust I'm stoked on this.

I've been on the edge over Sportsfriends for a while, but I don't think I can justify it. I don't have the necessary equipment, and I don't live close enough to the people I know to gather them At My Place.

And now that they've made it, my money doesn't matter, anyway.

Friday night we had a moving away party for a friend of mine. Between myself and another Thumbs listener (who may or may not post here. Dylan?), we had 5 PS Move controllers. We played the shit out of JS Joust and it was awesome. Looking forward to having a full Sportsfriends night when the thing is finally released. So good. I know I'm late to the party here, but as a non-industry dude I haven't had the chance to play it before and was super stoked to get into it.

Watching the Giant Bomb guys play Hokra during their GDC livestream, that game looks incredible. It just continues to remind me that I really need to get a group of friends that's up for playing games on the couch.

God, Hokra is fantastic. It's just the pure experience of competition with all the bullshit excised. It reminds me of why I liked sports games back in the 8 and 16-bit days before they got too complex for me.

Agreed, and I'm pretty sure my pledge has already paid for itself due to all the insane fun I've had playing TENNNES with friends huddled around a PC.  Can't wait to play the final version of JS Joust, too. 

This came out for PS3 and PS4 yesterday! I played a little with my roommate today and it's awesome!

I've been waiting for what seems like forever for this, not realizing it was local play only.

I understand why, but as someone who doesn't have a group of gamers to play with, I'm a bit sad.