Sign in to follow this  
dibs

Spaceteam

If you have an iDevice and you know someone nearby with one also, just go download it and play it together. This thing is amazing.

Edit: Yes, i did forget to mention it is free!

I've played it a couple of times with four players, and it was pretty amazing.

Oh man. My mum delayed my iPhone to get it for me as a christmas present. We are gonna play family four player at Christmas though:D I really want to see what happen to my poor father with this. Hahahahah.

I have been enjoying this immensely. So far I've gotten to mission 10 with a team of 2 or 3, and mission 8 with a team of 4. In smaller teams we tend to fall into a natural rhythm of taking turns shouting out orders, but in teams of 4 we just all shout constantly and nobody hears anything. It's glorious.

Am I right in thinking this is basically a multiplayer FTL? Because that would be ever so rad!

it's more like the board game Space Alert (which is also kinda like a multiplayer FTL), or a game of the typical Star Trek scene where everyone is shouting techno-babble at each other while control panels explode.

Go get it! It's free! And then convince some other people to get it too so you can play it!

It is similar to FTL in that you think everything is completely fine and then suddenly everything is on fire and there's no oxygen (from laughing), yes.

Besides being intuitive, and the fact that yelling is fun, some of the interactions are straight out hilarious. Some of them are general babble like ACTIVATE SPACE CRANE, but there's also stuff like "Eulogize the departed" and "Buy Insurance". It can be harder to bark that out than to set the flange bobber to 4.

Plus if you get far enough, there are levels that are PICTOGRAM ONLY. No words, just symbols. Good luck.

Play this game. Hopefully it comes to non-iOS devices soon.