melmer

VG Mutha Fuckin As (Holy crapping cow)

jake was the best part of the vgs. the "thanks" at the end made my crack up so hard. congrats guys, you deserved it.

Now I feel dumb for closing the stream in anger after all the terrible Samuel L. Two-Arm Jackson shenanigans. Congrats guys, totally deserved.

Congrats Sean and Jake!

the "thanks" at the end made my crack up so hard.

I choose to read "up" as a verb here.

Congrats to Sean "holy cow" Vanaman and jake "thanks" Rodkin

I've just watched the VGAs in it entirety off my Xbox (which has no pause or fast forward and if you stop it you have to start from the beginning, which made it a tense non-stop thril ride and has left me with a serious head ache)

Favourite moment

10year old girl sings 'what will we do with a drunken whaler' whilst a giant screen behind her shows people getting stabbed on the face

My favourite moment:

Samuel Jackson quotes, referrences and mentions Pulp Fiction eight trillion times, and I feel bad for everyone, everyone, just everyone, just oh my god just everyone.

And yea why did they all think Phantom Pain was a Metal Gear Solid game? That seemed like a really out-of-nowhere conclusion to me. It just looked like a new game. I actually had a really hipsterish twinge of dissapointment as soon as this mysterious new next-generation trailer said "get up, soldier!"... then all the army guys came innnn...

EDIT-- OH!

Phantom-Pain.jpg

...Oh ok. I was wondering about those weird lines on the logo, I thought it was like... "bits of letters are missing because a bit of YOU are missing!!!". Now I changed my mind, I actually think it's really funny that the GameTrailers guys immeadiately called it out as a Metal Gear game.

It's also a pretty funny marketing thing to have a game that would get huge hype to announce, but instead announce a game on live TV that kind of doesn't really exist.

I think it's really clever, gets everyone talking about it. Look at the amount of posts in each thread on neogaf. Ass creed & castlevania has like 3 pages, this game has 60

I think they know that metal gear will sell like hot cakes so they can afford to have this crazy mysterious marketing campaign. They don't have to worry (or just dont care) about turning on the frat boys

OH red hot burn on Ken Levine, I can't wait til he reads this thread.

and yea I meant funny in a good way. The thing where if you go to the Moby Dick Studios website, their CEO is an anagram of "Kojima" is fun and silly.

I'm as much a fan of the ridiculous though entertaining MGS dogma as anyone else, but every time I jump into one of those games I just remember how much those mechanics and systems (especially the old school line of sight, three levels of alert) don't hold up for me. I'd rather just wait for someone to beat it and record all the cutscenes for me to watch on YouTube.

:) I love it, it's like a worldwide mystery. I know it got figured out pretty quickly but it's so clever

That's so true about the gameplay not holding up, they're going to have to do a major overhaul. Can you imagine kids who've grown up playing ass creed jumping into this. 'Why do I have to hold down 7 buttons simultaneously to climb over a knee high wall?'

The simplest of video game ARGs.

(oh man remember ilovebees?)

Holy shit, I just watched that clip of TWD winning a goty. Fucking massive congratulations, guys. Did my signed Walking Dead poster just increase in value? Should I eBay, or frame it?

I am of course kidding. Framing is go!

Hooray, another Metal Gear game.

I cannot believe people still give a fuck about that tired franchise.

Dark Souls II however, would be nice to see some actual in-game stuff but awesome to know it is on the way!

Just listened to the podcast and GOT what was funny about this photo.

Did he steal his shoes?

Hooray, another Metal Gear game.

I cannot believe people still give a fuck about that tired franchise.

You know, my rational mind is like "Stop, please stop", but my other rational mind is like "SNAKE? SNAKE!? SNAAAAAAAKE!!!"

Hideo Kojima is trapped in a prison of his own design.

He keeps saying he's done with Metal Gear, and he keeps making more Metal Gear.

He probably spent like a year and a half working on Phantom Pain, his next magnum opus, and then some game executive came in and said "change the main character to Solid Snake and replace the villains with MGS villains, even the dead ones, we don't care" and he said NOOOOOO and now we have MGS V.

He's also been trying to make ZoE3 for years, and it looks like it's finally going through, but it seems to be happening without him.