melmer

VG Mutha Fuckin As (Holy crapping cow)

Now that you mention it, it IS really funny to have Samuel Jackson say "If there's anything us gamers love, it's HALO, and GETTIN SWEET HEADSHOTS!! And the winners are.............. Journey. The Walking Dead. The voice of Clementine. Sound Shapes. THIS IS MOTHER FUCKING!"

First of all: congratulations To Sean, Jake and everyone else at TTG!

But I was rather annoyed/disapointed that Sean & Jake didn't get mentioned by name when they got the award. :(

Yeah. It would have been rad if they had been introduced... it's cool that Randy Pitchford did that for the Leads of Borderlands 1 & 2.

Adventure game wins GOTY, this is the best thing. Congratulations Jake and Sean! You guys totally deserve it.

Holy shit! Congrats Jake and Sean!

I'm ashamed to admit that I have only completed the first episode so far. I guess I'll have to finish the game now that it is officially good.

My favourite things: the sportsman handshake quickly followed by the bro-hug between Sean and Jake at the beginning of that video; Sean's childish, wonderful glee; and Jake's cute 'Thanks!' were all the best things.

WALKING DEAD GOTY EDITION DLC SCRIPT LEAK:

"Lee, please, I'm so hungry..."

"It's ok sweet pea, I found this crate of delicious Mountain Dew, so we too can be powered by Dew."

"I should have stayed in the damn tree."

Seriously though, congrats guys! TWD really deserved it.

WALKING DEAD GOTY EDITION DLC SCRIPT LEAK:

"Lee, please, I'm so hungry..."

"It's ok sweet pea, I found this crate of delicious Mountain Dew, so we too can be powered by Dew."

"I should have stayed in the damn tree."

Seriously though, congrats guys! TWD really deserved it.

"And if you're hungry, I have some Doritos..."

'Ew, Lee! These are stale!'

"I'm sorry Clem, they just don't have the zingy crunch they used to before all this stuff happened."

'... I miss the old world, Lee.'

"Me too, Clem. Me too."

You've activated The Walking Dead DOUBLE XP mode.

All of your hope and dreams get crushed TWICE AS FAST.

Congrats to Sean "holy cow" Vanaman and jake "thanks" Rodkin

I've just watched the VGAs in it entirety off my Xbox (which has no pause or fast forward and if you stop it you have to start from the beginning, which made it a tense non-stop thril ride and has left me with a serious head ache)

Favourite moment

10year old girl sings 'what will we do with a drunken whaler' whilst a giant screen behind her shows people getting stabbed on the face

Worst moment, the backstage IGN asshats discussing 'the phantom pain' trailer and asking what sweet mechanics could the prosthetic limb bring.... Hmm, I don't think it a re-re-boot of bionic commando

The trailer was quite clearly depicting a real man, someone who can barely stand, not some super solider. Where a prosetic limb is actually a disability and not some awesome game mechanic enabling zip lining super weapon

Metal Gear Solid V. I knew for sure once I saw the fire unicorn.

The last of us looked fucking unbelievable

Tomb raider...meh. Is there going to be any actual tombs? Probably all dlc bolt ons

Bioshocks gameplay didn't fill me with much excitement :/ do I really need a giant 'A' button on screen at all times

I was pretty sure when I saw Snake's face, and when they said the name of the game was 'Phantom Pain', I knew there was no way anyone would actually make a game name that dumb.

Metal Gear Solid V. I knew for sure once I saw the fire unicorn.

It looks awesome. Could that be liquid with one arm? What happened to liquids body I can't remember, was the island nuked or something.

EDIT

Liquid suddenly lurched backwards and collapsed to the ground, succumbing to the FOXDIE virus.

Maybe he's just been in a coma all this time da da daaaaa

I was pretty sure when I saw Snake's face, and when they said the name of the game was 'Phantom Pain', I knew there was no way anyone would actually make a game name that dumb.

Ground Zeroes.

It looks awesome. Could that be liquid with one arm? What happened to liquids body I can't remember, was the island nuked or something.

Wasn't Liquid a light blonde? Maybe it's Big Boss, Liquid and Solid in one. Metal Gear Trine!

But that sounds like the name of a video game. Phantom pains is a psychological phenomenon which is terrifying and completely relies on subjective experience. You can't play a game and have that same experience.

I dunno, it just seems super dumb, like calling a game 'Schizophrenia' or something.

True, but even that sounds like a video game name to me. Hydrophobia has clear physical effects, and almost anyone can be made to feel the effects of a phobia when put in the correct environment. Something purely psychological like Schizophrenia or a phantom pain is less easy to translate.