melmer

VG Mutha Fuckin As (Holy crapping cow)

So this is happening in a few hours, apparently there's trailers for five totally new unannounced video games! will they melt my face off? Nobody knows! I hope not!!! Or else I'll have nothing to prop up my glasses up with.

Good luck to Sean and Jake!

If any sweet mass effect 4 bombs lands (sporting a new anime art style no less) post shit in here.

But if its all highly uninteresting let this thread wither and die like the future of creative and unique AAAAS game design

Stuff:

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=503246

Literally everything I know about these awards I've learnt from people complaining about them on the Internet. Even to the point that they're shown on a TV station in the US called Spike.

Good luck to Sean and Jake!

Huh, I asked Scotty if TTG were up for anything and he said no, but there was a video thing. Maybe I misunderstood! fuck knows what that was about

Maybe Sean and Jake will win a VGA for Idle Thumbs!

(Chris will be snubbed because of that incident with the shrimp at the 2010 VGAs.)

Some of the nominations are really exciting:

Best XBOX 360 Game

• Assassin's Creed III - Ubisoft / Ubisoft Montreal

• Borderlands 2 - 2K Games / Gearbox Software

• Dishonored - Bethesda Softworks / Arkane Studios

• Halo 4 - Microsoft Studios / 343 Industries

Best PS3 Game

• Assassin's Creed III - Ubisoft / Ubisoft Montreal

• Borderlands 2 - 2K Games / Gearbox Software

• Dishonored - Bethesda Softworks / Arkane Studios

• Journey - Sony Computer Entertainment / thatgamecompany

Look at all that diversity! And there's this mystifying category:

Best PC Game

• Diablo III - Blizzard Entertainment

• Guild Wars 2 - NCsoft / ArenaNet

• Torchlight II - Runic Games

• XCOM: Enemy Unknown - 2K Games / Firaxis Games

So I guess Dishonored, AC3, and BL2 all suck on PC then? And PCs are mostly just good for playing action RPGs?

Gosh... Linkin Park is up against Austin Wintory and HEALTH for best song. If Linkin Park wins that is going to be hilarious. Journey is up for best indie game but... is Journey an indie game? "Raul Menendez" from Black Ops II is up for character of the year! I bet he's a character alright.

Cliffy B also wants to see "someone teabagged" during the VGAs. Pushing gaming forward.

So I guess Dishonored, AC3, and BL2 all suck on PC then? And PCs are mostly just good for playing action RPGs?

I hear they're good for clicking giant buttons with your mouse pointer you wish was a greasy human finger.

Wow. This Sammy J. opening really really... awkward.

He's acting like an uncle who's trying a bit too hard to be cool.

Samuel L. Jackson is an amazing actor who knows exactly what character to be in every situation, and in this case he knows exactly how awful the VGAs are so he's acting exactly how you would expect the host of the awards to act.

Samuel L. Jackson is an amazing actor who knows exactly what character to be in every situation, and in this case he knows exactly how awful the VGAs are so he's acting exactly how you would expect the host of the awards to act.

The more I watch this, the more I find that difficult to believe.

Like the way the girl body languages: "I wanna bone you" when S.J. says he's the president? I feel your pain, Orv.

What the fuck? Dishonored is up for GOTY but not Best PC? I mean, VGAs are utterly laughable and have been for years, but what?

E: Zach Levi shouldn't be in charge of a mop, much less a company.

E2: AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAAAAAAA, Connor for Best Character.

Did Robert Carlyle voice Drac in the last Castlevania remake?

What was that game with the dude crawling through the hospital? It looked like Solid Snake but the trailer didn't appear to contain a name, only the five "W's" of questions building curiosity in the viewer as to the situation the hero finds himself trapped in.

What was that game with the dude crawling through the hospital? It looked like Solid Snake but the trailer didn't appear to contain a name, only the five "W's" of questions building curiosity in the viewer as to the situation the hero finds himself trapped in.

Haha, yeah, I was shocked when it came up that it wasn't the next Kojima game. The trailer totally had the same enigmatic, overlong style that they usually use for the debuts.

Alright, this travesty was worth that. Now hip deep in boners.