Rxanadu

How do I contribute to this forum?

Pfft, that's for people who want money

(also the video game industry is insanely competitive and has pretty terrible work conditions in all but the best studios so who you know is as helpful as what you know to avoid just being a QA tester on a Call of Duty game and hating your life)

Oh, sure. But he specifically asked to get into the industry.. If you just want to make games, then makes games. Or... do you want to hang out with game developers? I'm confused now.. what was the question?

How about posting hints and tricks for games? Those can be useful if you're stuck on like a boss.

Pro-tip: If the boss has a habit of making you come in on Saturdays, he generally asks you at the end of the day, right? So all you gotta do is avoid him on the last few hours on friday, duck out early, turn off your answering machine and you should be home free, man.

Pro-tip: If the boss has a habit of making you come in on Saturdays, he generally asks you at the end of the day, right? So all you gotta do is avoid him on the last few hours on friday, duck out early, turn off your answering machine and you should be home free, man.

Fuckin' A, man!

Pfft, that's for people who want money

(also the video game industry is insanely competitive and has pretty terrible work conditions in all but the best studios so who you know is as helpful as what you know to avoid just being a QA tester on a Call of Duty game and hating your life)

The place I work is pretty fantastic! Granted, I'm not making the kind of games I actually want to make (not even close, really), but I think that's not too bad, at least for the time being. Soon I am going to start making my own stuff on the side. :D

For those who actually answered the question in a proper way: I'll take your considerations into mind. I just had no idea what the developers were talking about when it came to specifics; I always thought they were talking about adding more physical pages to a forum, or somethng. I just don't know how talking about video games (constructively or otherwise) will get me into the game industry.

For those who took the bait: Surprise! You've been caught red-handed! Now, go back into your holes and think about what you've done!

Oh kindly fuck off. That's TWICE you've insulted members of this community while asking us for help. I already explained that a forum could be useful for NETWORKING. If you're going to ignore helpful answers to your questions AND be a complete dick about it, then I don't see why anyone here should bother with you.

Also, thread is excellent :tup:

Is there a rule against image macros here?

*mouse hovers over 'this thread is going places' folder*

dDHCc.gif

Companies just don't want to hire socially inept weirdos or sociopaths. Everyone who falls inbetween naturally gravitates to online forums FACT

What's this "in between" nonsense?! Can't I be both? O:

For those who took the bait: Surprise! You've been caught red-handed! Now, go back into your holes and think about what you've done!

Ewww, I missed this until Thunder highlighted it.

Rx, well done on concluding such devilishly cunning game. You will change the face of this community overnight. Keep shinin' that spotlight of TRUTH and STANDARDS on our sweary, cussin' internet ways. Add it to your linkedin profile*

*Translation: Surprise! You just burned the last hope of anyone caring. Back in your hole, read the scrub article.