The Hot Drops squad was in full effect tonight!

zkZQiX0.jpg

Yea, just look at those handsome devils. They conspired to murder me shortly after this shot was taken, the monsters.

It was pretty great. We had a full squad for a large portion of the night and many mans were shot and some died by crashing their air vehicle into rocks.

Moments before taking that squad picture, Snooglebum was attempting to ride atop a moving aircraft. I managed to grab a screenshot of that.

Also some asshole was flipping over vehicles that we had just spawned in our base. From the reactions everyone had, I gather this is popular way of trolling in this game?

Mumble crashed on me twice and the game lagged like hell every so often, but I had fun nevertheless. I wasn't expecting that session to go on for that long though, considering I hadn't had lunch when we started and six hours later it was almost dinner time. :P

Here's a few selects from the ridiculous amount of screenshots I took today. Consider me your embedded war correspondent!

meeByAP.jpg

9TXLo3q.jpg

0SxvMsM.jpg

P8WtVja.jpg

Sbj7eQ4.jpg

uguaA6u.jpg

5hRDt7C.jpg

Great shots! This reminds me that I like grassy fields and trees way better than sandy desert and canyons.

Hello! Sorry I don't visit the forums very often. Enjoyed our Planetside session yesterday. Let's play more! Also, nice hot drop shots.

I can't believe I played for 6 hours with you guys. It went by fast. Chill drop squad to the rescue.

Also, I'm sorry for crashing straight into you guys yesterday with my plane, I figured out what I did wrong. I pressed shift which apparently is boost.

Pro tip for the newbies: Don't fly.

Everyone's gotta start somewhere! (Though maybe that "where" is in a one-man fighter as opposed to a carrier with your teammates on board)

CTRL makes you descend and SPACE makes you ascend btw. "=" is cruise control, "W" is throttle up "S" is throttle down. "A" is yaw left and "D" is yaw right. Now go fly. :fart:

Hello! Sorry I don't visit the forums very often. Enjoyed our Planetside session yesterday. Let's play more! Also, nice hot drop shots.

Hey, welcome to the forums and it's cool! And yes, let's play more. :tup:

Guys I got talked into coming in for work on Saturday. I have to start an hour before the hot drop squad is called into action. They have promised me it'll only be for a couple hours.

If you guys end up running a longer session again I might show up in the latter half. Otherwise count me out and have fun!

i haven't played in a few days, have they worked out the issues they were having after the big game update came out? i was getting some pretty massive graphical glitches at times.

There has been at least 2 hot fixes, last I checked. So maybe!

EVENT SCHEDULED. IT'S ON. Again.

i haven't played in a few days, have they worked out the issues they were having after the big game update came out? i was getting some pretty massive graphical glitches at times.

Second patch fixed framerate issues for me, I finally got the game to run properly in lowish res with low details, which decent given my rig.

Anyhow... looking forward to the event. I have been practicing a bit with Liberators. I can now land it safely on small platform. Will post Flying 101 over the weekend. If I get some playtime over next few days I might be able to get a tankbuster with zoom / infrared on that thing so that we can fly with style.

Two days ago I also found out that you can crash Scythe into a tank kamikaze style to great effect. I believe that very first Thumbs Aerial Doctrine was born on that day.

Yep! Pro-strat: If you're light assault and you're in a scythe and it's damaged with no engineer in sight, just fly it into an enemy tank, but bail out, hover above the enemy tank and throw down some C4. DOUBLE PUNCH, WHABAM! I did this once after I got a multiple lock ons and I blew up a lightning tank. The first time I did it, I missed both the tank with my plane and with the C4.

By the way, if we have at least 10 people playing again, I'm for splitting them up in 2 squads and then making a platoon. My reasoning being that we can form tighter groups and there is less confusion when we're taking a point, because we can just go "alpha will take C" or whatever.

Pro-Tip: The Dalton is the best belly gun you can get on the Liberator. That with IRNV basically turns you into that CoD4 AC-130 mission.

Also remember to drop the 2 certs to up your ammo capacity and give your gun some zoom on all your vehicles, ESPECIALLY the secondary or tertiary guns. Makes a huge difference.

Two days ago I also found out that you can crash Scythe into a tank kamikaze style to great effect. I believe that very first Thumbs Aerial Doctrine was born on that day.

FOR VANUUUUUUUU! *crash*

The Hot Drops, platooning it up. This week felt like a bunch of unorganized chaos way more than previous weeks, but maybe that was because the enemies were being jerks, not letting our do our Hot Drop strats.

Either way, check out this group of cool folks:

pRccGag.jpg