I took the liberty of scheduling in that event. If there's any adjustments to be made, let me know.

I took the liberty of scheduling in that event. If there's any adjustments to be made, let me know.

i don't see it in the steam group! somebody with access should add that event in!

oh! also i thought i'd mention that you passively earn cert points for some period of time (several hours? a day?) after you've logged out. It's not a lot but it helps out, especially in the beginning when upgrades still cost less than 50 certs

Sometimes I'll log in with my character just for a second so I can earn some certs when I don't have the time/desire to play.

It's because Steam events does this weird thing that if you schedule it on, let's say February 1st, it won't actually display until it's February. If you check for next month, you'll see that they're there. "These are the events taking place this month" as opposed to "These events are taking place in the next 4 weeks" which'd make more sense.

I see two events scheduled for the same day. I suppose those could/would overlap? The first one starts at 10 am for me and quite frankly I don't see myself joining in that early.

Clearly the fact that I played this game for 5 minutes, didn't know what I was doing, was killed a bunch, and uninstalled it when it first came out might have been wrong. Why does it seem that Shawn Elliot talks me back into things I would have other wise never given a second chance?

Alright, here's what I did. I removed the early one, put the new one to take place an hour and a half earlier. At this point I'm thinking, I'm simply never going to please every one in terms of time and date, so this is the time I'll be organizing this shit. I hope everyone will understand.

If anyone reading this hasn't been added to the Idle Thumbs outfit yet, if you add me to your steam thingy, I'll do that before our playdate, so when the time comes we can be done with assigning squads a lot quicker. Just in case we get more people than fit into 1 squad, is there someone here who'd like take on the role of squad leader (only prerequisite being that you know what you're doing in the game)?

Well, dang. Have fun.

I probably won't be able to play anything online for at least a month, and then who knows. Life.

8:00 PM. Is that my local time, event planners local time or some standard time zone? Either way, I can probably make it.

Also, why no 24h clock, Valve? :crazy:

NA - Waterson - New Conglomerate - GTibbles

Whenever server swap tokens come out I'll probably move over to EU with you guys since I already have a a Vanu alt.

Here's 20 something guys from ShackTac (A fairly hardcore ARMA group) dicking around in their Planetside platoon, just cuz.

Also in reference to the radio things, I believe mumble allows for multiple channels (Ground/Air/Infantry etc) and communication between those channels, or to one individual.

A Mumble would be pretty sweet, actually. Does anyone have the means to set one up for the Planetside group?

A Mumble would be pretty sweet, actually. Does anyone have the means to set one up for the Planetside group?

Here's the answer to that question.

Did you guys do any voice chat? Is the in-game chat running yet? I'd be willing to set up a mumble server if not.

I completely forgot about that, but in the mean time Toblix messaged me and offered to host one! So now we have a Mumble!

Our Mumble is: idlethumbs.mumble.com port 8302

password: wizaaaaaaaard (That's 8 a's)

Yay, Toblix! Let me know if you need hosting monies!

Looking forward to Sat, will probably be logging on slightly late but I'll be there.

NA - Waterson - New Conglomerate - GTibbles

Whenever server swap tokens come out I'll probably move over to EU with you guys since I already have a a Vanu alt.

Here's 20 something guys from ShackTac (A fairly hardcore ARMA group) dicking around in their Planetside platoon, just cuz.

[media]

Also in reference to the radio things, I believe mumble allows for multiple channels (Ground/Air/Infantry etc) and communication between those channels, or to one individual.

oh lol, my main character is a vanu on that server

is there someone here who'd like take on the role of squad leader (only prerequisite being that you know what you're doing in the game)?

normally i'd volunteer, but i'm most likely not going to be able to make it on saturday!

A heads up to everyone wanting to play tonight. The new patch dropped and it's 4GB.

Thanks for the heads up. This is going to take a while. Someone should probably make an announcement in the group.