Hej everyone,

Just started playing this one. Best F2P game I have seen so far, but you really need people to play with. Lonewolfing this is very bad idea. So...

Region / Server / Faction / Character name / idle ID

Updated roster (as of 31. january 2013)

EU / Mallory / Vanu / Suek / idleforums ID ulotrich

EU / Mallory / Vanu / Hyllu / idleforums ID PiratePooAndHisBattleship

EU / Miller / Vanu / Thyben / idleforums ID ulotrich

EU / Miller / Vanu / Tofurkey / idleforums ID osmosisch

EU / Miller / Vanu / Roswell47 / idleforums ID Roswell47

EU / Ceres / Vanu/ RaffRaffRaff / idleforums ID Raff

EU / Mallory /Vanu / seamus2389 / idleforums ID seamus2389

EU / Mallory / Vanu / Miblik / idleforums ID Miblik

NA / Waterson / New Conglomerate / GTibbles / idleforums ID Geremy Tibbles

I'd be down to try and form an idle thumbs squad, if there's enough interest.

My username is fancifulnotion. haven't set anything else up yet.

So I played a few hours with the RPS guys last night. This game is pretty damn fun when you're rolling with a large squad! Incredibly buggy and shoddy performance unfortunately.

But the sense of scale is intact, trying to capture a mammoth biodome in a several mile wide clearing while whale sized dropships careen by flocked by clouds of buzzing one-man fighters, epic is not an unfair description.

So this is a game about being dropped from a plane, hitting ground and getting shot immediately?

More like

trying to capture a mammoth biodome in a several mile wide clearing while whale sized dropships careen by flocked by clouds of buzzing one-man fighters

Yea had a similar experience with one of those biodome bases, was defending it, firing rockets from the top at the tanks trying to assault the ground. Ran out of rockets in time to see an enemy dropship land on a platform next to me and drop off a small army. Pooping of pants ensued.

I played this for a few minutes. There was something really amazing about a hundred players running up a hill together, flying things and driving tanks and all the rest. But I had no fucking clue what I was doing. I've also been ruined by console shooters I think. It wasn't immediately clear who I was supposed to be shooting and what I was supposed to be getting up to.

Just spent 2 hours taking a biodome and 2 hours defending it from its previous occupants. Both events were equally difficult and, in turn, rewarding. Even outside of a squad, it was easy to figure out the objective was 'attack/defend this base right here.' But this game basically has no tutorial section and is confusing as hell so it takes a bit to figure out what's going on.

My main super major gripe at this point is the engine. By the end my fps was down to 15 and remained there no matter what quality setting I chose. Think it's just the strain of rendering hundreds of characters. (i have 2 SLI'd 660 ti's)

I absolutely love Planetside and am currently playing with the Reddit planetside outfit. An idle thumbs team would be incredible, considering there's so much crazy shit that you can do in this game.

This is a great game.

EU/Miller/Vanu/Tofurkey. Currently rolling with the EU goon squad.

Thanks for keeping format intact, topic updated

Holy shit I had the most amazing experience I've had in a game in months. Me and 20-30 others were trying to take over this Biolab but we were only successful in taking one of the four surrounding facilities so we were basically backed into a corner. Until... 20 something friendly tanks rolled in out of nowhere! It was like the end of Saving Private Ryan.

The more I play this game the more fun I have. The scale is just insane, and rolling with a big squad is just the best. Especially when you're all on ATVs

XUfRT.jpg?1

The more I play this game the more fun I have. The scale is just insane, and rolling with a big squad is just the best. Especially when you're all on ATVs

XUfRT.jpg?1

EU / Mallory / Vanu / Hyllu

Would love to squad up with some Thumbs.

Yes! I find myself in agreement.

If we do decide to have a thumbs squad I can start a new character on whatever server you guys chose. I'm currently on connery playing for Vanu.

There is a Planetside 2 event this evening, so definitely come play! We'll be playing on the Mallory (EU) server, for the Vanu Sovereignty. Check here for the time.

The idea is to meet up on the Idle Thumbs steam group chat so we can exchange ID's and get you into the Idle Thumbs Sovereignty outfit. Hopefully we'll be able to get some team play going.

If I forgot about anything, let me know!

This is starting in about 15 minutes! COME PLAY... PLEASE!! PLLLLEEEEEEEAAAAHEEAAHEEEAAAAASE.

I wish I didn't have to work all weekend! :tdown: But it's money that can be used to buy more video games so :tup: Which amounts to a :tmeh: