Sign in to follow this  
elmuerte

VALVe money grab #134: Autumn Sale

Gah, bought Rage, Psychonauts, and the Crysis pack in anticipation of my new gaming PC. Resisting any further bargains!

Pulled the trigger on Saint's Row the Third and Marky Mark and the Ninja Bunch. I was gonna go look for a physical copy of Dishonored this weekend, but now I'm good for a while.

I bought Rage too, the texture work in the locations is really awesome I must admit-- after you tweak the game to display only high resolution textures you can't help but enjoy the world. The actual gameplay is nothing innovative.

Also bought Deus Ex (just finished downloading) and Dear Esther (which I finished playing through this afternoon).

If they put up that euro trucker game I am going to buy it.

Scott's mad because the train sim DLC he bought on sale is corrupt and it's showing milk bottles everywhere instead of signal lights.

Scott's mad because the train sim DLC he bought on sale is corrupt and it's showing milk bottles everywhere instead of signal lights.

LOL... I almost died in my coffee. Best DLC evar.

It's amusing at first, but it makes that route basically unplayable because you have no way of knowing whether it's safe to pass.

post-8283-0-97734200-1353862234_thumb.jpeg

I finally figured out how to resist the siren's call of the steam sale. It turns out if you're completely broke you won't buy anything.

There's always pleasure and pain with a Steam sale - it hurts when I see a game I paid top whack for only a couple of weeks ago (I'm looking at you XCOM) but Civ 5 for £5 is insane value for money and I've hoovered up Legend of Grimrock for the same.

I really want to pick up Torchlight 2, but I know that I won't play it for a while - I have essays to write - and that it'll be on sale again at Christmas. Sigh.

Yeah it's easy knowing that everything will be on sale again in a month, so personally I've managed to avoid buying anything that I know I won't get around to playing for a few weeks.

I'll reiterate that Chivalry is a super fun game that is worth the 10 bucks, I think.

That whole "It'll be on sale at Christmas" thing is the reason I haven't bought Borderlands 2 or Dishonoured. I'll get around to them then. For now, no time.

Damn you Gabe Newell, damn you.

Too many games bought now again, but I also stayed away from Dishonoured as it will surely go on even bigger sale at Christmas.

I bought CS:GO despite Orv doing a good job talking me out of it this summer, played Arms Race with a bunch of bots, and instantly got my money's worth.

I only feel a little foolish.

I've been waiting for Iron Brigade to pop up as a flash sale, but since I don't think that's going to happen(and it would almost assuredly only go down to $5), I think I'm going to pick it up. Is anyone still playing it? I had a ton of fun trying out the original 360 release, and I'm trying to convince some friends into getting it as well.

Grimrock for almost nothing is really worth it.

It really, really is. I preordered it last year based simply on a trailer, and having only played the GBA "Eye of the Beholder" remake, I found it incredibly easy to get into. For $3.75, it's an absolute steal, especially on Steam now that it has Workshop support.