Sign in to follow this  
elmuerte

VALVe money grab #134: Autumn Sale

So, valve is trying to try to empty people's wallets again.

So far, it sucks, for them. I think I'm getting saturated with stuff sold on Steam.

I picked up Binding of Isaac (criminal that I didn't already have it, I know) and Unity of Command. Haven't seen anything else thus far that I can't live without.

Weird thing is, just before the sale launched I was looking at Planetside 2 and thinking 'hmmm maybe i should give that a go", now instead I've got a wishlist of games which I'm stalking the daily deals for. I guess in some weird way my mind has a instinctual feeling that 75% off is a better deal than free (though of course it is not necessarily so).

Think the fact that our games collections on steam are called Libraries fits really well with the way I feel about mine now, It's like a well stocked bookshelf that I can reach up to and pick something out depending on my mood.

Well, I bought Hotline Miami. It seems that if I don't have a game, I either don't want it or it hasn't been released.

Planetside 2 is very cool (graphics, scale and atmosphere, especially at night), but it's got some teething problems since going live. Don't let the fact you save exactly zero pennies put you off :-D

I purchased Sleeping Dogs, but not much else appeals to me.

Also, I bought a bunch of expansions for The Sims 3, and I'm having an amazing time playing them. I have a fat, neckbearded goon who wears a fedora and aspires to become a magician. His career isn't going so hot, so he (well, I) decided to take his business to the consumer: door-to-door magic. It is going horribly for him and it's amazing.

So yeah, don't be video game snobs and get some Sims 3 into you.

I haven't bought anything during the sale, but I did buy Chivalry just before the sale. There's always something finicky with first person melee, lack of depth perception and all that, but I've been enjoying it a lot. Once you get a hang of the nuances, duelling becomes really exciting. All in all, I'm having a blast with it and wish Thumbs would buy it so we can multi-knight together.

None of the games I want are available on Mac! Horororay, I have saved money!

So Mark of the Ninja is good, right? How about Dead Light?

Also thinking about getting Gods & Kings, but I've yet to complete Civ IV or start Civ V so I might as well wait for another sale with that.

I only got the DLC for Binding of Isaac in the summer sale so I probably won't get anything in this, but I don't know. I might get Dear Esther because I like Jessica Currys soundtrack.

Note, there is also going to be a xmas sale. So don't buy anything that doesn't have 66+% discount. Unless you really must have it now.

Oh, if you guys are getting back together in not playing Arma, please tell me so I can join you folks in not playing Arma.

Guys, Farming Simulator 2013 is 50% off and I'm deeply tempted. I need help

Bought Deponia on an impluse, a few minutes before the 66% off expired (it's still 50% off). I hope it's good. I love the junkyard setting from the trailer, but the main character seems to have a lot of stupid stuff to say.

It's supposed to be pretty good.

Is that the kind of help you were looking for?

I ended up going with the Train Simulator 2013 Thanksgiving Special Pack instead.

Is there somewhere that you can just see everything that's on sale? I was manually browsing the "simulation" genre and saw a bunch of sales that weren't shown on the main splash page.

Normally you go to the Specials tab on the front page. As it is now you have to go through genres with the Price filter on.

Damn... fell for it again. Picked up a few games who's price dropped enough. Some of them were on my "when the price drops I'll buy it". And I just bought Hotline Miami under the category "for this price I'll just give it a try and see if I like it".

Yeah, but it's only 50% off. It will get 66% off in either a flash sale, or during xmas.