toblix

Double Fine Amnesia Fortnight 2012

I wonder if there isn't more confusion over that, because the voting seems to be more lopsided that I expected. I initially thought for some strange reason that I only had 4 votes because there would only be 4 finalists. I've now voted for like half of the ideas.

Holy crap, this is tons of awesome. Instantly paid 50 bucks!

I do have to say that Spacebase DF-9 sounds suspiciously like a remake of of Mucky feet's Startopia. Which is a totally awesome thing! (I presume JP will address this some time during the fortnight)

He has addressed it in the Spacebase thread on the DF forums: http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/7883/

Space Base has my vote. Good luck guys, those 2 weeks are going to be a crazy grind.

I really want Bad Golf to exist, even though I'm pretty sure it will not get enough votes. There's zero concept shown in the 30 second video but I can imagine greatness in assholery.

This is pretty dang rad.

I voted for Hack n' Slash, because I'd love to see what weirdness can be inserted into a top down adventure game, Bragging & Fighting because it's a hilarious concept and it seems you have to live out the fights you brag about, Black Lake and White Birch because they sound like they'd offer ample opportunity for stunning art direction, Cloud Prix because it sounds like it would involve some crazy and fun physics.

That one dude isn't the only good looking guy pitching btw. Now I know why they call it Double Fine.

The White Berch, because at this point I basically purchase anything like Braid, Limbo, or Fez. Also Space Base, because fuck it why not?

But it should definitely be optional to blow random citizens of your space station out the airlock at will. Just think of all those good times you got annoyed with the tiny, insignificant moneymaking slaves you had vising your park in Rollercoaster Tycoon. Or the ungrateful little pricks in Sim City, complain too much about traffic will you? Eat no roads thanks to several hundred tornadoes in a row fuckers!

Also if Space Base gets the green light that will mean that between that and the middle managers of justice game coming out there are some really interesting management games coming out of Double Fine.

I'm still watching all the videos... I want the game with Sandwich planet to happen, I want them ALL to happen!

So let me get this straight, the more money you give the more games you can vote on?

I wonder if there isn't more confusion over that, because the voting seems to be more lopsided that I expected. I initially thought for some strange reason that I only had 4 votes because there would only be 4 finalists. I've now voted for like half of the ideas.

Yep, that's exactly what I assumed. I was afraid on voting for more incase it undid my early votes. A simple note stating you can vote for as many as you like would be a Good Thing.

I really want Bad Golf to exist, even though I'm pretty sure it will not get enough votes. There's zero concept shown in the 30 second video but I can imagine greatness in assholery.

It would be the Burnout of Golf games. It would be glorious.

I voted for fully 14 of the games... which I guess isn't the most efficient strategy for making sure any given one gets picked, but I really liked a lot of the ideas!

Bragging & Fighting was a day one perch'; I fell in love with the pitch.l also voted for The Birch but I wish The Birch and Black Lake would merge since their atmosphere and art feel so damn close.I'm still wondering about my two other votes but it's a race (in no order) between Bad Golf, The Knockover, SpaceBase,Cloud Prix and Silent but Deadly are in good place. Also want to vote for Flock and Shine.Mmm, decision, decision.I'm not kidding or exaggerating, but DoubleFine feels like a warm beacon of light in game development right now.

Anyone who hasn't voted for Kaiju Piledriver is a terrible, terrible person.

I'm pretty much on board for anything The World's Smiliest Man is involved in, but the pitch (and dinosaur hat!) completely sold me.

Well, if there are 4 games you'd prefer to be made it makes sense to vote for only 4, otherwise the rest of your votes will work against your preference. Or if you can't pick only 4 or don't care which ones of your favourite N > 4 get made, it makes sense to vote for all of the N.

[edit] Actually this works for any N not just N > 4 -- if you really want only 1 game to win, don't vote for anything else.

So I voted for about 7 games...but can people please vote for Echelon or tell me about a similar game because it sounds pretty great.