I just watched the new episode of Breaking Bad.

I loved every second of it. Oh my god. Now I don't want to wait for all of the other episodes to be released. Dammit.

I hear it'll be 12 noon GMT every week when the episodes are put on Netflix UK. Heard people getting upset when they didn't see it on there, can understand, can't wait to see the latest!

Great episode!

Wasn't expecting a Walt/Hank confrontation so soon. That garage scene initially felt like both characters sort of putting out feelers, weighing up the risks. Then the garage door comes down. Holy shit!

Great episode!

Wasn't expecting a Walt/Hank confrontation so soon. That garage scene initially felt like both characters sort of putting out feelers, weighing up the risks. Then the garage door comes down. Holy shit!

yeah 

i have been sort of rooting for Hank, he is like the retired cop in a crime drama that never got the bad guy, but his character is so real i feel like i know people like him, but i was hoping it wasn't going to be so confrontational, but it's cool because i really don't know how Walt is going to handle Hank  

Edit: lol routing

Edited by thestalkinghead

Yeah, Dean Norris was just fantastic in this episode as well. His shocked delirium following the big discovery was really convincing. I'm rooting for Hank too. 

That was great. I predict:

Most of the money disappearing after the lock up gets raided, and Walt doing something really, really awful right outside his own house. They've put so much effort into making him an irredeemable, creepy bad guy in season five that I'm kind of dreading what he does next.

I once worked with a guy who lived in a place that was tracked. His life consisted largely of WoW raiding while having Nickelodeon on in the background for noise. I concluded from this that ratings are total bullshit.

In the olden times, here in the UK, we only had five TV stations and no internet. At that time, these kind of tracking devices were very useful to broadcasters, because from a large enough (but still quite small) sample, they could easily extrapolate viewing figures and trends, in much the same way polling can work on politics.

I doubt it's translated well into an era with hundreds of channels and more distractions, though I'd expect digital TV reports everything automatically apart from whether or not someone is paying attention.

A few years ago, I once did a Nielsen ratings packet for a couple of weeks after being chosen through this survey site I previously used. I think I maybe made $30 from filling it out? I didn't really watch most of the shows if any because I didn't really watch TV then and was already downloading shows on the internet. I mostly just picked shows I liked and found out their times and wrote them down without having seen them.

IGN your mind with these Breaking bad easter eggs

http://www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/breaking-bad-easter-eggs-that-will-blow-your-mind

Slightly spoilery if you buy in to the theory that Walter takes something from everone kills

The changing clothes colour stuff is clever, i did notice that Walt was wearing a hideous pale beige in the lastest episode

i didn't notice as many things as listed here, but i assumed it was Mr White learning how to present himself as a criminal and emulating it for his Heisenberg persona 

I remember hearing about the relevance of the colour of character's clothes on the first season DVD commentary so some other things stood out a bit, but I definitely didn't pick up everything. I also remember writing an essay about Season 1 Episode 1 for my uni course and pointing out the significance of Walt's clothes and my lecturer stating "I couldn't infer things like that without any evidence", and in one sentence completely invalidating my course and the entirety of studying any form of art. 

So did anyone else get a chance to watch the new episode last night?

I can't believe how tense the whole show is getting.

I thought for sure Skylar was going to give in to Hank and tell him everything.

great episode 

i have a feeling that when Marie tried to take Skylar's baby away was the beginning of Mrs Heisenberg,  i drew a quick prediction doodle 

breaking_bad_prediction_by_thestalkinghe

and i also think that Mrs Heisenberg was what the flash forward spray painted "Heisenberg" was all about because maybe she is a tyrant and also she is who Mr white is going to kill with the reisin after years of hiding or being in prison

Yeah, last nights episode was fantastic. I really enjoy that

they've just decided to fully drop Walt in it after all the clever plotting and cover up stuff of the last series. The cat's out the bag now and as we all know you can't stuff a cat back into a bag, unless you really, really try.

this episode's plot went to somewhere I could have only hoped in terms of story telling, I mean in terms that Walt actually tried to kill Walt. But was anyone else actually convinced about how it happened? What exactly did happen???

this episode's plot went to somewhere I could have only hoped in terms of story telling, I mean in terms that Walt actually tried to kill Walt. But was anyone else actually convinced about how it happened? What exactly did happen???

if you mean jesse trying to kill walt, jesse figured out that walt stole the ricin and poisoned the child, when he realised his weed had been pickpocketed he figured out that is how he lost the ricin

funny spoilers for the ending of the show http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/636264ec55/dean-norris-spoils-breaking-bad 

if you mean jesse trying to kill walt, jesse figured out that walt stole the ricin and poisoned the child, when he realised his weed had been pickpocketed he figured out that is how he lost the ricin

funny spoilers for the ending of the show http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/636264ec55/dean-norris-spoils-breaking-bad 

Oh, sorry. That's exactly what I meant.

I'm not sure that was the best way to kick off the whole thing though, it seems a little bit convoluted to me in terms of Jesse finding out. I think it's a really, really interesting story beat I just wish they got there in a more convincing way.

Oh, sorry. That's exactly what I meant.

I'm not sure that was the best way to kick off the whole thing though, it seems a little bit convoluted to me in terms of Jesse finding out. I think it's a really, really interesting story beat I just wish they got there in a more convincing way.

i guess i just noticed and thought about the attitude that huell the bodyguard of saul gave jesse as he left, then was left wondering what am i missing after he was looking a a pack of cigarettes from his pockets, i figured maybe the weed was gone but it wasn't until jesse beat up saul and said he knew how he lost the ricin that i realised why he was so mad, I'm glad they decided that finding out about poisoning the kid was the thing that would make jesse want to kill Mr White because that was when i decided Mr White had turned into a proper bad guy

Yeah, I didn't really see how Huell managed to steal the cigarettes that quickly and it confused me at first. I'm really, really glad that Jesse went beserk. He's been so inactive and passive this last season and it's nice to see him just explode like that. Aaron Paul has been keeping that rage in the locker, and it paid off. The last camera angle was brilliant where it was attached to the end of the petrol can! There's no shred of decency left in Walt now, he's gotta go down in a some sort of blaze of misery.

Last night's episode was pretty darn boring. Practically nothing happened for the first 20 minutes and even after that nothing really happened. Although, the initial scenes of Walt slinking around his house were both ludicrously tense and kind of funny at the same time. It's amazing to think of how far he has come. I know it might seem like it was slow compared to last episode, but even if the last episode wasn't one of my favourite episodes to date I'd still think this one was slow. I hope they keep the drama going.

Last night's episode was pretty darn boring. Practically nothing happened for the first 20 minutes and even after that nothing really happened. Although, the initial scenes of Walt slinking around his house were both ludicrously tense and kind of funny at the same time. It's amazing to think of how far he has come. I know it might seem like it was slow compared to last episode, but even if the last episode wasn't one of my favourite episodes to date I'd still think this one was slow. I hope they keep the drama going.

It's just Sam Caitlin. He's always been the weakest of Breaking Bad's writers.

yeah not much happened, it seemed more like a set up episode for something more exciting 

hank stopping jesse at the last moment was good, and jesse's extreme paranoia at seeing the tough looking bald guy was (without trying to sound crazy) relatable