Only a little over 3 months to go. returning on August 11, 2013 for the final 8 eps

Soon. So very very soon.

Just finishing up a marathon of the whole thing on Netflix with my wife to get us back into the mood for more with everything fresh in our minds. Only problem will be waiting week to week. Spoiled by Netflix lately with everything releasing all at once. :/

I'm not sure if i should wait for the UK netflix to put the episode up a week late (actually pretty amazing if you are familiar with UK netflix) or uhh.. just do what i normally do

edit: oh fact check, it's immediately after it airs, amazing, i will watch it on newflix

Here's my entitled butthole rationalization of piracy: If, in 2013, in the age of the internet and fiberoptics, it takes them a week to get, from the US to the UK, an episode people will start discussing publicly within minutes of its initial airing, feel free to torrent the episode. I don't have the patience for their lawyers to call each other, or whatever the hell goes on during that week, or if it's a scheduling thing or something.

I have a Netflix subscription (though I don't know if they'll send Breaking Bad on the Norwegian one,) and I'm not going to wait a minute longer than I have to. There have been some huge strides in digital distribution the last years, but Lord almighty, there's still miles to go.

yeah, and i don't know how ratings are calculated everywhere, but in england it is determined by something like one in every one thousand households (one in the house) have a device that tracks what they watch, and they extrapolate from that how many people have watched a show, for advertising and such, but i have never known anybody that has had one of these devices and they aren't in enough houses, so it is basically made up, so by pirating it wouldn't be hurting the ad revenue or ratings, in fact it may help them if i/others recommend the show because by ripple effect it may get the people with these devices to watch it.

but netflix is finally becoming more than just a collection of films i would only watch if i was really bored and TV shows i have seen or don't want to see, Toblix you probably understand the jealousy of hearing all the things that america has on their netflix/lovefilm and just thinking why have i only got the film year one and three season old mythbusters that i am paying for, when i can search "streaming mythbusters" on google and get the latest episodes for free

Wait, UK Netflix puts episodes up right after they air? That's incredible. Here, we have to wait until the DVD of the whole season comes out.

yeah, and i don't know how ratings are calculated everywhere, but in england it is determined by something like one in every one thousand households (one in the house) have a device that tracks what they watch, and they extrapolate from that how many people have watched a show, for advertising and such, but i have never known anybody that has had one of these devices and they aren't in enough houses, so it is basically made up, so by pirating it wouldn't be hurting the ad revenue or ratings, in fact it may help them if i/others recommend the show because by ripple effect it may get the people with these devices to watch it.

but netflix is finally becoming more than just a collection of films i would only watch if i was really bored and TV shows i have seen or don't want to see, Toblix you probably understand the jealousy of hearing all the things that america has on their netflix/lovefilm and just thinking why have i only got the film year one and three season old mythbusters that i am paying for, when i can search "streaming mythbusters" on google and get the latest episodes for free

I once worked with a guy who lived in a place that was tracked. His life consisted largely of WoW raiding while having Nickelodeon on in the background for noise. I concluded from this that ratings are total bullshit.

Sweet! Thanks for the heads up, stalkinghead. I'll have to try out the UK one, then.

Wait, UK Netflix puts episodes up right after they air? That's incredible. Here, we have to wait until the DVD of the whole season comes out.

Yeah since season 4, I have been torrenting all Breaking Bad episodes because neither Hulu Plus nor Netflix gets AMC shows. I did the same with the second season of The Killing. The only way to legitimately watch them upon release is by having cable or satellite with an AMC subscription, and in this day and age, fuck that shit.

It's ridiculous because Netflix or Hulu tends to be the way a lot of people are age are getting in to these shows in the first place but then we can't watch the new episodes of many things with the same subscriptions.

I once worked with a guy who lived in a place that was tracked. His life consisted largely of WoW raiding while having Nickelodeon on in the background for noise. I concluded from this that ratings are total bullshit.

yeah, it's just stupid, and not a gauge of anything really, i actually watch lots of TV shows but not on TV, TV schedules are just a thing of the past for me, why watch daytime TV of filler when you can just watch things you actually like all the time, TV will eventually catch up with how it is watched

I'm not sure if it's still possible but you guys know about being able to watch US Netflix in the UK, right? I used to do it on my PS3. It has something to do with messing with your connection settings. It's not very complicated and there's tutorials on YouTube, you literally just have to change some numbers in your connection settings and you're watching US Netflix. 

Sure, the Mediahint plugin is great, though it's probably in the piracy category as well.

Absolutely! I use a paid service for it (unblock-us), because it's more stable and has extra features (can pick any region, Super HD is available regardless of ISP). I used to use some number I googled before, but it stopped working at some point.

It is the simplest. Just a DNS address you paste into your Wi-Fi/Internet settings on your viewing device.

Edit: It's weird that only Netflix UK is getting the new Breaking Bad episodes and not.. Netflix US?

Can someone confirm for me that if I order Netflix again and use one of those plugins I can watch the new Breaking Bad episodes as they are released? I'm not bloody waiting.

Yes. The one I use, the paid one, works fine. www.unblock-us.com, then switch the region to UK instead of US. You can try it for one month for free.

Can't guarantee the free ones will work.