Season 2 ended

with a neat thing, that I think would've been great and weird if it hadn't been foreshadowed throughout. As it is, the plane collision was great but sort of didn't live up to that constant flash-forward bit. Also the weird flash-forward just started to annoy me by the end..

Re: season 2 ending

It was definitely a (literally) jaw-dropping moment for me. But I was annoyed that it was impossible to "figure out". The flash-forwards hinted at something being foreshadowed, but they were just purposely opaque shots.

Still really cool though! :)

I think it's amazing.

I think it's great that you spend the entire season thinking someone must be planning to bomb Walt or something. Giving you a chance to figure it out would ruin it IMO

Oh, that teddy bear's eye that keeps popping up in later episodes.... judging walt, bearing* witness to his slide into fucked-up-ness.

I like the production design on this show. Everyone has a colour, everyone has a theme - Marie's purple, for example; Walt moves from wearing beige into a bright pink as he comes into his own (a pink that's the same color as the bear)...

* pun not intended.

@brkl

Can a thing be annoying and amazing at the same time? Because that's kinda how I feel. :)

@subbes

Yeah, the bear showing up at inopportune times is the best. All the little touches (the pizza thing too) are pretty much the best.

Random semi-spoiler(ish? maybe?)

Having just finished watching everything, I find myself using Jesse's "yeaaaaah bitttch!" around the house and feeling terribly guilty about it. :P

Still, Walt's an interesting character. I kind of wish he'd loosen up a bit now, though. I understood his frustrated and curt manner in the beginning because he wasn't in control of his life, plus he was terrified. Now he's become a badass, he should have relieved a bit of that, and so loosened up.

(sorry for bringing this up from page 1, but I just caught up with this thread)

I felt the same way at the start, but you come to appreciate the nuance in his character (and his situation) as the show goes on. Walt is never in a binary state of badass or not. It's like he has flourishes of badassery when required, but is still the same old Walt underneath it all. He does get more badass over time, but it's a more gradual transition.

I don't think you get what I'm referring to. I meant that now he's had moments where he's started taking control of his life he should be more easy going. He's more self-actualised. Actually, he's gradually loosening up more and more. He's finally giving Pinkman less shit.

My current beef is that his wife (quite understandably) was getting really angry with him because of his lying. But the next episode she was totally cool with him. They've added some snarky remarks to let the audience know that she's not forgotten, but her transformation makes little sense. It at least, I'd have preferred it if it had been more gradual.

Yeah, don't worry TP, a lot of the rough edges get fleshed out (to mix metaphors) more and more as the show goes on.

We haven't yet talked about the most important aspect of Breaking Bad (Season 3 or 4 spoiler, I think):

the Rage product placement!

I don't think you get what I'm referring to. I meant that now he's had moments where he's started taking control of his life he should be more easy going. He's more self-actualised. Actually, he's gradually loosening up more and more. He's finally giving Pinkman less shit.

Ah, I see. Yeah, he definitely does loosen up over time. But there's always this tension between being badass / taking control, and his ambition leading to things being outside his control. So he's never quite in control and/or easy going. I'm probably stating the obvious though. :)

One of my favorite things about the show is how Walt likes to think of himself as a badass but in reality he's still always kind of a goober.

Ah, I see. Yeah, he definitely does loosen up over time. But there's always this tension between being badass / taking control, and his ambition leading to things being outside his control. So he's never quite in control and/or easy going. I'm probably stating the obvious though. :)

One of my favorite things about the show is how Walt likes to think of himself as a badass but in reality he's still always kind of a goober.

He is the one who knocks.

We haven't yet talked about the most important aspect of Breaking Bad (Season 3 or 4 spoiler, I think):

the Rage product placement!

Oh, yeah.. That was such a weird moment.

You were supposed to feel sorry for Pinkman, and watch him gradually slide into madness and all I could think was.. "So this is a fictional light gun on-rails mode of Rage? Or is there some weird arcade version I don't know about?!"

I remember seeing a sort of funny YouTube video of Walter White calling Hal from Malcolm in the Middle.. Now I can't find it amidst all the awful mashups of Breaking Bad/Malcolm in the Middle.

Wtf! He just let her die!!! Nooooooooooo!

You utter bastard!!! I will never forgive you for this! You scumbag. You asshole. Arrrrrrggghhh!

Who's this? Struggling to remember.

Ah! Jesse's erstwhile gf? Yeh, Walt was a complete skunk. I think this was one of the first indications of the slide that was Walt's arc wasn't it?

Ah! Jesse's erstwhile gf? Yeh, Walt was a complete skunk. I think this was one of the first indications of the slide that was Walt's arc wasn't it?

It was a big step, certainly. What I found really harsh about it was that

she knew to sleep on her side to avoid that happening, and it was Walt shaking Jesse that rolled her onto her back. SO it's not like he just stood back and let something happen, he directly caused it!

Is this before or after the bomb? Anyway, the fact that she was right there and it was a conscious decision to just let her... fade away so that he would regain control over Jesse, is cold. I don't remember a great deal from the series as it has been a long time ago since I watched it, but that scene sticks with me (once I knew the context).

I know!!!!!!

Plus, also the 100 odd other people he indirectly may have killed, too. But who cares about then?

Spoiler!

Thunder, season five spoilers below. Don't click!

I hadn't really thought about the path Walt makes in his killing. Each death seems to be a step further toward being a psychopath, right through cutting up the kid and then shooting Mike.

Agh!

I'm a quarter of the way through season four, and it's becoming painful to watch.

I could tolerate Walt's descent when you could see he was trying to do the best thing he could -- even when I totally disagreed with his decisions (poor Gale, must they keep twisting the knife on that one? I feel terrible for the guy) but now he's become self-destructive. Skylar has really gotten her shit together, although her turn is difficult to swallow -- but what choice they have of they kept her in the show? She couldn't just remain the angry wife forever, she needed something to do in the story. She's totally organised and doing things right. Rehearsing and planning and researching. Awesome. But Walt is becoming the new Jesse. Volatile, unpredictable, and worst, self-destructive.

Being a total asshole in front of Hank, hinting that the case isn't really closed? Threatening Skylar with some serious, "don't fuck with ME" shit? Then going insane and buying Junior a brand new Dodge Challenger -- I actually had to turn off the episode and come and vent here.

Fuck! Walt better get his shit together soon. I can't stand him turning into the old Jesse.