Yeah, I really feel bad for Jesse. I'm similarly waiting for season four.

I've heard five is gonna be the last, because that's where the creator wants to end it. That's good. I like it when a show ends because it's going to end, not because of ratings falling off because it was stretched far beyond where it should have been.

Oh, and I feel worse for Walt, Jr. Poor guy.

I got started on Breaking Bad this weekend and am near the end of series 2. Holy fuck it's good, and the cast is one of the best I've seen in anything for ages.

I got started on Breaking Bad this weekend and am near the end of series 2. Holy fuck it's good, and the cast is one of the best I've seen in anything for ages.

It really is excellent. Annoyingly, they only have the first two seasons on Netflix, which is where I was watching it, so I went from a voracious diet of four or five episodes an evening to nothing instantaneously. I think I got whiplash.

iHRuDGeq2m8MO.png

They don't seem to be quite up to season three on the website, anyway.

This show really knows how to ratchet up the tension! There's a bit in the last series where I was nearly hiding behind the sofa! I think I had to pause it to go and have a nice cup of tea to calm down :P

This show really knows how to ratchet up the tension! There's a bit in the last series where I was nearly hiding behind the sofa! I think I had to pause it to go and have a nice cup of tea to calm down :P

The bit with

the crawl space?

I was shaking after that ending. :o

Ngah! Same as James, I've been watching it on Netflix, so stuck at the end of season 2. I was wondering exactly how they'd steer it away from "Yay! Drugs! Success!". Very deftly done. My jaw fell open in the scene where

Walt spots the trolley contents of a guy in the DIY store, follows him outside to his partner and an RV then growls "Get out of my territory"

. Also, the

"Which phone?" scene just before his surgery

. The actors are excellent, and the writing and direction build up to some supreme moments without dwelling on stuff too much.

After binging on two series at once, it seems like the writers know quite far in advance where they want it to go, and do some really subtle setting up. I like that its major arcs aren't confined to single series either. For instance,

the cartel stuff in series two has so far only built up to two significant and character defining setbacks, one for Hank and one for Walt, but is a much greater threat

That car park scene was so awesome. Great tune as well (called DMZ by TV On The Radio). One of the few that I can remember clearly.

Although it made me laugh in that there was a similar pairing - geeky older geezer who was the cook, and young helper. hee hee.

The bit with

the crawl space?

I was shaking after that ending. :o

That bit where he was laughing maniacally was so so good. No, I'm talking about the sub-arc where Hank really gets his bit between his teeth and is pretty close to clocking Walt. Does he suspect? I'm sure he does. He can't! He's so close! No! Arrrggnnnnngngngghhhh. He didn't just say that! Shit. Walt! What are you going to do! *hide* *pause*

Then there's the bit where they're staking out the chicken sheds.

It's almost a relief when it ends tbh!

You need to watch breaking bad.

FWIW I thought the 2nd series dragged a bit. Then the 3rd series goes straight for the jugular.

I've had a couple of false starts trying to watch Breaking Bad with other people, but every time I see these totally redacted posts with just "Oh my god, right!" in between it makes me really want to give up on other people and just watch it on my own.

I've had a couple of false starts trying to watch Breaking Bad with other people, but every time I see these totally redacted posts with just "Oh my god, right!" in between it makes me really want to give up on other people and just watch it on my own.

Erm.. :grin:

FWIW I thought the 2nd series dragged a bit. Then the 3rd series goes straight for the jugular.

Yes, there were a few really quiet episodes, though some good character development with them.

The last season of breaking bad ratcheted the pressure up to insane levels and you just wait for the nuke to go of. The music in this last season has been superb in helping build up that pressure.

Saw Breaking Bad Season 5 Ep 2 last night. First episode of the season was ok, but now they're getting back into full swing.

^^ Not sure whether to watch it yet. Might wait unilt next year when they release the other half of the series. :fart:

These latest eight episodes of Breaking Bad have been excellent.

Two heists, each self contained within an episode. Other series would have dragged those out for weeks. I think the setup for the last eight episodes has been amazingly theatrical too, and has done a very good job of showing how deeply the rot is within Walt. He's turned from someone I could sympathise with to a deeply creepy, sociopathic monster. He's remote, even when playing with his baby, as if family are how he justifies it to himself, but all that's actually within him is an insatiable hunger for more.

A thing noticed by a friend: There was a lot of purple in the latest episode, which was a nice callback to this:

http://24.media.tumb...z4cuyo1_500.jpg

Breaking Bad continually strikes me in how beautifully filmed and put together it is.

I like to read Breaking Bad as

the story of how the Heisenberg character that Walt creates for himself gradually takes over his personality. Walt originally creates the character appear bad-ass and be able to do bad-ass stuff that a boring family man could never do. By now, it's the family man that's a character he plays to appear normal in front of family and friends, while the Heisenberg persona is dominant.

Sal and I finally caught up with Breaking Bad (which we started watching only a couple of weeks ago). Dang. Good show. Insufferable sometimes.

Any idea what the tune is that Walt whistles while they're wrapping up the cook—

after they kill the dirt bike kid, and Jessie is done with all this shit, Walt lets Jesse go home. As he's leaving he flashes a completely bewildered expression at Walt's happy-go-lucky whistling. Any idea what that tune was?

Unfortunately, it's;

Don't like how it fits, personally.

Nah, it fits perfectly! Thanks for cluing me in.

The show was starting to drag halfway through season four, they seemed to forget to turn on the cinematography and editing tricks that set the tone to most of the show—but then shortly before

Gus bites it

they remembered what they were all about and shit got way better.

Ugh, wassup with the spoilers, why they gotta be so stupid?