toblix

Curiosity – What's Inside the Cube?

I feel there's a modicum of attention lost at this point. 22 Cans couldn't predict that of course, it's hard to look into how hypes might develop and how long they'll last, but my gut feeling says the cueb should've been chipped up about now.

Is there any incentive to actually do the work, i.e. to chip away mid-game? Is the gameplay interesting in any way?

i actually logged into it for 10sec a couple of days ago, chipped away at some peoples faces (image on the surface). When i'm chipping away i can't help but feel that their are people out there with those DLC chisels doing 100x the damage i am, so whats the point.

It would be great if the knowledge inside the cube is that it will then go on infinitely afterwards, and the power you have is to let people know or just let people chip away for eternity. Could they get in trouble for selling DLC chisels on a game that has no end? I would imagine people would be pretty pissed off, but its probably all in the terms and conditions

t would be great if the knowledge inside the cube is that it will then go on infinitely afterwards, and the power you have is to let people know or just let people chip away for eternity.

Of course, you could claim (perhaps next Monday) that you got to the centre and that was the reward. Who wants to place bets on how many gaming news sites would fall for it before 22Cans releases a statement?

Well April Fool's is coming up... I bet that a rumour like that could do some serious damage

A convincing Photoshop is pretty much all it'd take.

i actually logged into it for 10sec a couple of days ago, chipped away at some peoples faces (image on the surface). When i'm chipping away i can't help but feel that their are people out there with those DLC chisels doing 100x the damage i am, so whats the point.

It would be great if the knowledge inside the cube is that it will then go on infinitely afterwards, and the power you have is to let people know or just let people chip away for eternity. Could they get in trouble for selling DLC chisels on a game that has no end? I would imagine people would be pretty pissed off, but its probably all in the terms and conditions

That is exactly the kind of genius/idiotic paradox that Molyneux is best at. For example, game where you build meaningful relationships through farting over and over again.

Peter Molydeux made this joke on April Fools Day. :tup:

"We don't know quite what will happen," said 22Cans in a statement inside the game. "Curiosity may very well rapidly degrade to reveal its innermost secret or maybe the effects of automatically removing cubelets will be neutralized by players keen to keep Curiosity going."

Option 3: people pay to remove cubes but the cube goes on until it hits a predetermined level of gross profits.

Yeah, I saw a few days ago they revealed if only had 50 layers left and they're still sticking to the notion that the secret will be life changing

Pfft

God, am I always this negative :)

The glass is half empty with a faint whiff of urine

Question is will the servers fuck up again with everyone loading up the game when news gets out there's only one layer left

My impression is they haven't thought about that at all, and will be taken by surprise when their servers begin to deform and change color.

It wouldn't be a Molyneux game if there was the germ of a great experience buried under the impossibility of actually making it work.

The person unlocking the cube will experience the thrill of Molyneux' actual, physical hand pushing through the phone's screen en prodding them on the forehead. Then, slowly, it'll sink back in, and that'll be that.