toblix

Curiosity – What's Inside the Cube?

The fact that fixing the server issues took so long and that they went to Kickstarter for Godus makes me think they dont have a lot of money and therefore its not a monetary prize at the center.

I wonder if its a job at 22 Cans?

Not very likely considering the person might be anyone (like a 4 year old kid or someone who already has a successful career).

Not very likely considering the person might be anyone (like a 4 year old kid or someone who already has a successful career).

This is actually I really good point. I just looked at the contest rules in the app and it doesn't mention any requirements such as country of residence, age, etc. Im thinking that this "life changing" thing is something fucking stupid, because it dosent seem like it could be money, a job, a car, or anything like that without a lot more legal-ese.

This is actually I really good point. I just looked at the contest rules in the app and it doesn't mention any requirements such as country of residence, age, etc. Im thinking that this "life changing" thing is something fucking stupid, because it dosent seem like it could be money, a job, a car, or anything like that without a lot more legal-ese.

This is Peter Molyneux promising something life changing. There is a 100% chance that whatever it is, it's something fucking stupid.

Anyone able to beat my score yet? That's the only fun I've had with the game: Trying to get a x 20 multiplier.

All in one go, without breaking!

I have 67,839 now. On the first day I think i got up to around 119,000 but then my stats got wiped. My roommate is sitting on a highscore of over 500,000.

It turns out that what's inside the cube was inside you all along.

It'll be a video of a dead cat. A life changingly dead cat, make of that what you will.

It might be a video of a live cat, but we won't know until the box is open.

So about this thing:

In addition, Peter Molyneux suggests there may be more to the game than it would seem: "There is something we haven't told everybody about when you play the cube. When you play the cube you're also doing something else. You don't realize you're doing it. [...] You're not just doing things in the cube. You don't realize it but you're doing something in something else as well at the same time."

I think the "every cubelet is an x" train of thought is wrong. Because not only are there too many cubelets, but the number is also undefined as of now (remember that 22cans can pull the "end game" switch at whatever layer they want).

My theory? It's not that each cubelet represents a thing, it's the order which the cubelets are destroyed that will determine something else. Maybe the (weighted) order of the cubelet tapped will shape of the terrain/world in their next (, next) game.

(OR I may be late-night rambling and this'll make no sense tomorrow.)

After reading that I just feel like whatever is inside the cube is being procedurally generated using the data they're getting from people playing the game. That makes it even less likely that it's life changing in any kind of significant manner.

So what you're saying is the people that keep drawing pixel art penises are shaping the prize at the center?

How close is this thing to being clicked through? I wonder if they're still adding layers in to artificially enhance the length.

Who knows. Length never disclosed, potentially infinite. I don't know if anyone's a really bothered seeing if the deeper levels have had less cubelets as a real-life giant floating cube would.

I saw in an interview somewhere that they have a set amount of levels, and only have the ability (supposedly) to remove levels to help speed it up if progress starts to stagnate.

OK this is definitely taking longer than I thought. Maybe someone already got to the centre and her reward was triggering a function that spawns endless cubes, and the knowledge she may choose to share (or not) that from that point onwards the exercise is truly pointless.