toblix

Elite: Dangerous (Kickstarter)

7 minutes ago, adamthomas1994 said:

Thumbs CMDRs! Add me CMDR adamthomas1994!

I take it some people still play? Looking forward to the release of 2.3? What ships are you currently running around in these days?

I play quite frequently. I just got a Fer-de-Lance so I am bounty hunting a lot to buy all the pricey upgrades I need. I am very excited for 2.3

1 hour ago, Cordeos said:

I play quite frequently. I just got a Fer-de-Lance so I am bounty hunting a lot to buy all the pricey upgrades I need. I am very excited for 2.3

I've heard good things about the FDL as a combat ship. Been killed by a few in my time 😂😂

I'm currently operating a Type-9 was doing some CG trade runs the last few times I've been on.

4 minutes ago, adamthomas1994 said:

I've heard good things about the FDL as a combat ship. Been killed by a few in my time 😂😂

I'm currently operating a Type-9 was doing some CG trade runs the last few times I've been on.

Its a bit more of a flying bathtub than the Viper MKIII I was flying before. I need to switch from controller to my HOTAS because I think it will be a lot easier to fly with a better interface. It does hit really hard though. I put a multicannon in the largest weapon slot and it just chews through armor.

9 minutes ago, Cordeos said:

Its a bit more of a flying bathtub than the Viper MKIII I was flying before. I need to switch from controller to my HOTAS because I think it will be a lot easier to fly with a better interface. It does hit really hard though. I put a multicannon in the largest weapon slot and it just chews through armor.

You mean... it'll chew through me 😂

I think, next time I'm on I'll jump back to mining

At first I made an avatar that looked like me, then I realized, why be me when I can be a weird android looking dude?

bQbCTau.jpg

How are you guys finding the 2.3 update?

I've really enjoyed it so far, not withstanding the connection issues I've suffered due to everyone slamming the servers 😂 

Multi-crew is so slick to use although I did have to manually keybind all the controls for the gunner position.

2 hours ago, adamthomas1994 said:

How are you guys finding the 2.3 update?

I've really enjoyed it so far, not withstanding the connection issues I've suffered due to everyone slamming the servers 😂 

Multi-crew is so slick to use although I did have to manually keybind all the controls for the gunner position.

I haven't had a chance to do multicrew yet and don't currently have a weapons loadout that makes sense with it. I did enjoy naming my ships and customizing my character though.

I bought Horizons partly to pilot a ship with my brother, but getting to do stuff in Elite requires such an immense investment of time. Thinking about the grind it would take makes me a bit angry :/ I guess I could make a spaceface anyhow. 

Aye, there is a big investment but it is always worthwhile in my opinion for Elite. And it shouldn't take too long to get yourself into a ship with 2 seats for Multi-Crewing it up

I am always looking for bounty hunting buddies! If you can get yourself to Fabian City in HIP20277 you can wing up with my while I work on upgrading my Fer-de-Lance. I often get 2-300,000 from a single kill these days.

As a long-term Elite fan, I am really excited about the discovery of Generation Ships in the last few days! These ships launched hundreds of years ago, with sub-lightspeed technology, and while many ships made it to their destinations (e.g. founding the Empire, IIRC), there could be many wrecks that didn't make it dotted around within ~100 ly of Sol.

I've seen descriptions of how to find them, and have heard that there are well-acted audiologs involved, so I'm  going to head off in my Asp "Seven League Boots"

UPDATE:  I found one of the already known generation ships, and I got chills, slowly poking around in my Rift, and uncovering what happened (using tech that was stealth-added to all ships :p). I think my next adventure with generation ships will be done in my DBX, so I can get into tighter spaces :D! 

This kind of environmental story telling and the event that will be happening later today are the best parts of elite

Apparently, Frontier are going to spill some beans at least on the mysterious 2.4  expansion at E3 in a couple of weeks. It will be released gradually, as dictated by the overarching story, rather than all at once. So while no-one has confirmed it's aliens, I'm pretty sure it's aliens.

After a several month lull, I'm really enjoying Elite again, spurred on by trying out the anaconda again post engineers, post guardians, and post Oculus Rift. I sold my previous one a while ago, but am loving my current ship! My modified 7A thrusters can push 325 m/s, which goes a long way in mitigating some of the frustrations I had with the my previous ship (it felt- not unreasonably- like flying a building). I also have a fighter bay with imperial fighters for joy riding as well as combat.   I have a decent mix of passenger cabins and cargo racks, and am getting attacked at rate that keeps the interest up... I have a LOT of guns :P! I still managed to lose one ship due to extreme combat rustiness though :). 

Oh, and the anaconda bridge is HUUGE in VR, easily bigger than my apartment!

2 hours ago, Dr Wookie said:

Apparently, Frontier are going to spill some beans at least on the mysterious 2.4  expansion at E3 in a couple of weeks. It will be released gradually, as dictated by the overarching story, rather than all at once. So while no-one has confirmed it's aliens, I'm pretty sure it's aliens.

After a several month lull, I'm really enjoying Elite again, spurred on by trying out the anaconda again post engineers, post guardians, and post Oculus Rift. I sold my previous one a while ago, but am loving my current ship! My modified 7A thrusters can push 325 m/s, which goes a long way in mitigating some of the frustrations I had with the my previous ship (it felt- not unreasonably- like flying a building). I also have a fighter bay with imperial fighters for joy riding as well as combat.   I have a decent mix of passenger cabins and cargo racks, and am getting attacked at rate that keeps the interest up... I have a LOT of guns :P! I still managed to lose one ship due to extreme combat rustiness though :). 

Oh, and the anaconda bridge is HUUGE in VR, easily bigger than my apartment!

How does death in a fighter work, do you just spawn back in the ship?

The fighters are flown by  telepresence, i.e. you do not leave your main ship. If you lose one fighter, then you can 3d print up to 5 more (maybe more for different hangars). You can hire NPC crew that will either fly the fighter for you, or the main ship if you want to fly the fighter. You can switch roles instantly too.

I've not been playing this game so much in the last year as I had previously, especially since I recently got a Switch, but I just had to say that the current events are AMAZING, if anyone else is still interested.

The Thargoids have attackeda number of stations in the Plaiedes, and these stations are appealing for help evacuating people to nearby rescue ships (megaships).

Rescuing these people is properly dangerous as it is insanely hot inside, and there are debris and explosions everywhere... landing is restricted to emergency responders only. I gutted my anaconda, and fitted economy class cabins everywhere I could, so I can evacuate around 150 people per trip.  I am in VR, and it is  the most thrilling thing I've done in ED in ages.

I've been to two out of three affected stations, and can recomment Titan's Daughter in the Tayget [sp?] system... it is in the rings of a set of binary planets close to a super hot star, bathed in violet light; the contrast between firey chaos inside the station and serenity outside is fantastic.

I only just back in March started playing Elite, if anyone is still playing. They are launching the leave-your-ship-on-foot expansion today and I am: hype