shammack

Euro Truck Simulator 2

You can go from completely automatic to completely manual gears (using a fancy h-shifter joystick thing) - I usually have it in the mode where I select reverse, neutral or forwards and it handles the gearing. Binding the cruise control key to your controller is handy too.

What the.... it's called EURO Truck Simulator and my country is not one of the countries included? Thank God for mods!

EDIT: Couldn't get the game to work with the mod, but at least I could finally play it. 

PS: Having only played games, it takes a while not only to not drive like a game, but remember things like turning on your light at night. XP

At least it only fines you 400 euro for completely running over another car.

Damn England and their speed cameras and backwards roads though.

I just drove eight hundred miles in Euro Truck Simulator 2 late at night on three hours' sleep, because I'm having anxiety about an upcoming flight and I'm trying to calm down. It was quite possibly the worst I have ever driven in real or virtual life. My truck and cargo both had damage percentages in the high teens once my sleep-addled brain finished two hours spent swerving back and forth across Europe's highways, ramming cars and poles like I was sharing my truck cabin with four starving Capuchin monkeys.

The grade I was given was "Reasonable." I still make $40,000. I shudder to think what it would take to be graded as "unsatisfactory," but presumably getting enough speed to jump a railing and lose your whole cargo in the Rhine would be sufficient.

Hahaha! 

So, is it just me or is it more efficient in terms of earnings to just go as fast as possible, eat up any fines, and just get more jobs done than it is to drive sensibly and complete fewer jobs? I have done this and it's much less satisfying than playing the game properly, to be honest, but if you're purely interested in the money...

Fines can add up pretty quickly. Remember that they deduct from your purse immediately, so even if a job says that you made a $40k profit, that's not counting fines. Also, it's not too hard to get stuck.