toblix

Kentucky Route Zero

So tell me this doesn't look pretty interesting:

You can sign up for a mailing list here.

Wait, is it me or is this the first Kickstarter that funds a game, but you don't you get the game for backing it?

Either way, yes, this does look pretty damn interesting.

Oh man. This is clearly neither a new, nor recently active thread, But thanks Silent for resurrecting it. I like this game (the 2 acts that are out so ar) a whole lot. There isn't really anything to the gameplay, but it is an experience, and I think it's a great one. Super weird in a very compelling surrealistic (or, magical realistic, as the game is indending to evoke) way. And it works really well, for me at least. I thuoght botch acts so far are fantastic, and I'm really looking forward to what act 3 brings.

I am honestly at a loss in trying to explain how / why it really gripped me so much right away. The art, the music, the writing are all just incredible. I don't care if it takes them 20 years, I want these guys to keep getting it right.

I really hope these folks know that they're doing something that probably won't have mass appeal but is pretty special to those of us who are along for the ride.

Good timing, I just sat down and played act 2 today. I'm really happy that the music in the last act continues to be diagetic. It's a weird touch for a game, but super nice.

Also, the soundtracks are available:

http://benbabbitt.bandcamp.com/album/kentucky-route-zero-act-i

http://benbabbitt.bandcamp.com/album/kentucky-route-zero-act-ii

Also, the soundtracks are available:

I can only vouch for the Steam version, but the soundtrack for both acts is included in the game folder. Terrific game and a great soundtrack, for sure. One of my best buys of the past year even at only two acts.

I've been meaning to catch up on this, having only played act one. (GOTY 2013 and also the thing I would point to as "game as serious art.")

Anyway, should I play L&D before Act II, and then The Entertainment after II?

I've been meaning to catch up on this, having only played act one. (GOTY 2013 and also the thing I would point to as "game as serious art.")

Anyway, should I play L&D before Act II, and then The Entertainment after II?

You can really play them at any time. They're only tangentially connected to the main game, and they don't cover or really reference anything that happens in KRZ.

Yeah I got an email with that info in it. I think it's because I purchesed the all-episodes pack a while back. Really looking forward to where they go with it.

Made this for a speech I'm gonna give on the game in my COM110 class. Video's purpose is to showcase how the game looks in motion, it's atmosphere, and a piece of its music. I'd make it longer, but the limit for videos was that it had to be 30 seconds.

Should I play this now, or wait until all the episodes are out?

Also, I've already bought in on Steam, but the store page is ambiguous. Have I bought a season pass, or only the first two episodes?

Should I play this now, or wait until all the episodes are out?

Also, I've already bought in on Steam, but the store page is ambiguous. Have I bought a season pass, or only the first two episodes?

You have a season pass! Unfortunately the dev team is very small and it's taking a long time to make each episode. You should go ahead and play them whenever you like.

I would play them right now - you'll miss some stuff playing through the first time, and the episodes are short enough to play through again when the next episode comes out.

I read through that progress update and subsequently played "The Entertainment" and it's really fascinating and unique and totally worth checking out (just like the main game, on which I'll just echo the others and say go ahead and play it now). I'd also say it's the first thing that's made me legitimately want an Oculus Rift.

I really, really dug the first episode and am holding off on the second episode for a while to prolong my ability to have fresh new KR0 experiences since episode 3 isn't going to be anytime soon. Magical stuff. It reminds me very strongly of David Lynch's better films.

Also recently finished episode 1. I can see why people rave about this game. Occasionally the designers dip their quills a little too deeply in whacky well but that's a minor nit to pick.

Looks like act 3 is out now. Can't say I have much idea what it's all about so far (acts one and two), but I like the presentation.

Looks like act 3 is out now. Can't say I have much idea what it's all about so far (acts one and two), but I like the presentation.

I was expecting this to be like the Half Life 3 thread where every bump just leads to a broken heart, but instead I got the real deal and now I'm fucking pumped.