Sign in to follow this  
Yohji

Bret Easton Ellis

Anyone here a fan of his work?

I've just finished reading Less Than Zero and am looking forward to getting into the rest of his books.

I read American Psycho years ago, i enjoyed it. The constant descriptions of what people were wearing and such like got slightly frustrating but i understood the point of it

hard bodies and red snapper pizzas

And i really enjoyed the movie of The Informers, does that count :)

I've been a big fan of Ellis since I read American Psycho in the 90's and since then have read all his books so far. Less Than Zero is by far my favorite.

You would enjoy the sequel to Less Than Zero called Imperial Bedrooms which came out in 2010 as it catches up with all the characters in the middle age of thier lives.

The Less Than Zero movie adaptation is also great as a wierd anti-drug movie with Robert Downey Jr from the 80's during his drug addict years haha

And i really enjoyed the movie of The Informers, does that count :)

Few people liked that movie as it was torn to shreds by film critics and audience members when it came out. I enjoyed it, even if it did change up some of the storylines from the book.

Will definitely check out Imperial Bedrooms at some point. I've got a copy of Rules of Attraction already so will get onto that first probably... it's already in my huge pile of books I haven't read yet.

I had no idea there was even a film version of Less Than Zero!

i liked american psycho a whole lot more than the rest. i've never been more disturbed by a book. that book IS the 80s for me (even though i was a little kid at the time) with its detached narcissism and competitive hatred of everybody.

glamorama is probably second. i didn't like less than zero. but then i'm a big fan of allegory.