toblix

Hotline Miami

Disabling the Steam overlay seemed to fix the CTDs I was having with this game and also improved performance too.

I also had issues where I'd get an error message and the game would either crash or play without music. This was an intermittent problem though, and only happened to me a couple times.

Just bought this off the sale on Steam. Boy howdy, after I got through the initial nausea (from the somehow extra unsettling violence and the general funky feeling) I started to blast through levels. Most levels devolved into frantic grabbing for guns and gunning down people in chokepoints. Sooner or later I'm going to have to go back and redo some levels with a stealthy approach.

i got this with the humble indie bundle 8 and have completed it, it had a fun story and a nice stealth to kill mechanic, it has a few very hard levels but overall not too frustrating i would say it was a decent game but not as amazing as it has been advertised by some but worth getting with the humble indie bundle if you don't have it

How many tries did it take you to beat the final boss? I tried maybe 70 times (gotta love instant respawn!) before I decided that maybe seeing the ending of a story I didn't care about wasn't worth it.

How many tries did it take you to beat the final boss? I tried maybe 70 times (gotta love instant respawn!) before I decided that maybe seeing the ending of a story I didn't care about wasn't worth it.

Maybe twenty tries? By that point my proficiency with the controls made executing kills trivial, that boss fight is more of a puzzle. It is the one with the panthers right? If you get past th e cats just wait for him to reload then shoot him.

I'd keep trying - it's worth beating. In any case here is what is definitely a story spoiler about the end, so only click on it if you've definitely given up forever because you hate video games (and assuming we're talking about the panther dude, like Colourful Stuff says it's more a matter of figuring out what to do than executing it):

That is not the final boss. The game has a lot more after that part.

I've watched a lot of videos of people beating him. I know how it's supposed to be done. I am just completely unable to do it myself.

i did at one point think maybe it was a joke boss that was impossible,

but eventually i figured out that i had to use a trophy to kill the panthers then throw it at the woman (that was the hardest part) then i just hid behind a thing until he reloaded, then i picked up the things on the floor and killed him  but yeah the real boss fight is a bit time breaking.

i think the achievements went wrong there as a glitch thing at the beginning where i selected abort but it played, i don't really mind though i don't think i got most of them

Hotline Miami 2 is out on March 10th. 

I'm listening to the soundtrack while doing data entry. It makes everything more surreal and badass.

There's also a comic strip depicting events up to HM2. I can't wait to get this game, I guess I'll go back and get the secret ending now.

I pre-ordered the physical Collector's Edition, despite the fact that I don't have any way to actually play a vinyl record. It just looks so cool.

Also, there's another crossover with Payday 2! Owning the game gets you a grip of animal masks, and the special edition adds a couple more weapons and Jacket as a playable character!