Sign in to follow this  
heuiarun

Rune control as invoker

Early game invoker has no pushing abilities and against

good QOP, rubick. The lane is getting pushed to my side

often at -:45 marks. So how do you establish rune

control as invoker without losing much exp?

Ugh, I'll never understand DOTA. These games just seem so arbitrary and overcomplicated.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to send a bunch of wind-up bunnies across a minefield.

Early game invoker has no pushing abilities and against

good QOP, rubick. The lane is getting pushed to my side

often at -:45 marks. So how do you establish rune

control as invoker without losing much exp?

We have a thread for this you know.

So you have two options as Invoker for lane and rune control as a mid Invoker. One is going to take you a bit longer to work up but if you've got decent (Beastmaster or Enchantress level) micro, you should do fine. That's the Qwas/Exort 4/4 Invoker for two Forge Spirits. You get a bottle or a Basilius and you camp your opponent with Forge Spirits. Get yourself Phase Boots and a ward and be proactive at getting to the rune first. Cold Snap + Forge Spirits is a kill on many mid heroes.

Your other option is any of your damage and control spells. Deafening Blast can serve as this but you should have that off cooldown for being ganked. Your best options are;

- Go Q/E 4/4, have Forge Spirits farm with you, take a point in Wex to Tornado the incoming creep wave and let yours walk under it to their tower. Hold their creeps with Forge Spirits and three Exort actives.

- Meatball. A full Exort meatball will take care of a creepwave no problem. This means locking yourself into a Sunstrike/Meatball lane phase build and personally I'm not fond of one orb builds.

- Ice Wall (Which you should have anyway.) Get phase boots, provided it's not QoP, and play Who Can Be The Biggest Dick in rune control races. Have a ward up (don't need two, just one), wherever the rune is, race for it. The ramps are placed such that a long enough Ice Wall will block the other person and slow them enough to allow you to get the rune. It's tricky, and anyone with a sufficient movement ability will happily ignore it.

NOPE YOUR POINTS ARE NO LONGER VALID. That's how spam works!

Unless you give us all €789,362 (seven hundred and eighty nine thousand, three hundred and sixty two euro), which is the exact amount my dad just won in the pan European lottery.

NOPE YOUR POINTS ARE NO LONGER VALID. That's how spam works!

Points can't stand anyway, they're two-dimensional. :devil:

(Lying about science for the sake of a joke is a sin, I'd imagine.)