Sully907

Creepy Pokemon hack story

I'll echo the sentiments of the writer here. I wonder what the creator was trying to say with a project like that. Very strange.

I believe that is not real, unfortunately.

I may be thinking of another "creepypasta" or whatever the kids call it, as there are more than one that feature Lavender Town in some fashion, but I'm pretty sure they're all fake.

It's still fun to believe it is real, though. U:

This is definitely just a creepypasta, and i'm pretty sure i've seen this one before, or one similar to it.

For other Video game-themed creepypastas, the "Ben Drowned" one is pretty fun.

For other Video game-themed creepypastas, the "Ben Drowned" one is pretty fun.

This is equal parts creepy, cool and hilarious.

It looks like the Pokémon hack was fake, but it inspired people to make a real hack based on the tale? Which is kinda cool.

Did anyone ever get the video the Thumbs mentioned in a podcast long ago, with the creepy black-and-white Mario?

Yea I'm pretty sure the video to that got posted in the episode thread. It was indeed creepy.

This is equal parts creepy, cool and hilarious.

It needs a bit of context, because it starts, ostensibly, as a person playing around with known and documented Majora's Mask glitches, but on a mysterious used cart with corrupted visuals and music. After only a short period of messing around, even stranger things start happening, and It turns out the cart is haaauunteed! There's three more videos, in addition to the one above.

There was a "p" at the end that was left off, but yeah, I like that one too.

http://creepypasta.w...ki/Jvk1166z.esp

I think it's a decent little story when it comes to the stuff that happens in-game, especially given how strange even an unmodded Morrowind is. There's just something off about how Vvardenfell feels. The out-of-game segments and narration are, as is the case with most creepypasta, really exaggerated and overblown for the sake of being "scary". It's still worth a read, in my opinion. Most, if not all, of the things detailed in the mod are able to be made with the Construction Set, and I would love to see a full-fledged mod come of this story. There is a zip file floating around that was supposedly a recreation, but it's actually a bunch of assets from other games, and a few attack reaction sounds.

Morrowind is an odd game in its own right, especially if you've read some of the lore concerning Vivec, CHIM, and the Godhead. Michael Kirkbride's writing is something that I feel hasn't been matched when it comes to the deities and their powers in games. The Metaphysics of Morrowind is a neat set of articles that examines those powers and some of the other eccentricities in the Elder Scrolls world(such as how every one of Daggerfall's seven possible endings occurred at once). They're definitely worth a read if that sort of thing interests you.

The Metaphysics of Morrowind is a neat set of articles that examines those powers and some of the other eccentricities in the Elder Scrolls world(such as how every one of Daggerfall's seven possible endings occurred at once). They're definitely worth a read if that sort of thing interests you.

This is one of my favorite articles about a video game ever. The Elder Scrolls games, particularly Oblivion, always get a lot of flack for not having the strongest narratives or the most interesting characters or conversations, but the universe they are set in is a real gem with some genuinely weird and interesting stuff. From their justification for why Oblivion is set in a generic European forest rather than a jungle to the Ghost Wall and space travel, there's a lot of flavor living in everything that enhances the experience. Sure, maybe it would be neat if we could also somehow have interesting characters, main plot lines, etc. but the Elder Scrolls games, the latest ones no less so than the earlier ones, are good for so much more than just wandering around finding caves and looting bandits and leveling up.

There was a "p" at the end that was left off, but yeah, I like that one too.

http://creepypasta.w...ki/Jvk1166z.esp

I think it's a decent little story when it comes to the stuff that happens in-game, especially given how strange even an unmodded Morrowind is. There's just something off about how Vvardenfell feels. The out-of-game segments and narration are, as is the case with most creepypasta, really exaggerated and overblown for the sake of being "scary". It's still worth a read, in my opinion. Most, if not all, of the things detailed in the mod are able to be made with the Construction Set, and I would love to see a full-fledged mod come of this story. There is a zip file floating around that was supposedly a recreation, but it's actually a bunch of assets from other games, and a few attack reaction sounds.

Morrowind is an odd game in its own right, especially if you've read some of the lore concerning Vivec, CHIM, and the Godhead. Michael Kirkbride's writing is something that I feel hasn't been matched when it comes to the deities and their powers in games. The Metaphysics of Morrowind is a neat set of articles that examines those powers and some of the other eccentricities in the Elder Scrolls world(such as how every one of Daggerfall's seven possible endings occurred at once). They're definitely worth a read if that sort of thing interests you.

That Metaphysics article is super goddamn fascinating. Makes me want to try out that big HD texture pack and revisit that game. I put at least 300 odd hours into that game when it first came out and really got very little of that flavor.

I was not ready for that metaphysics article.

Some mind bending concepts in there, I think one of things he leaves undiscussed is the implication of other playeer characters. Ie Tiber Septim was actually a player who shaped the game to his will, Vivec is still a player character who is waiting for someone else to achieve the same CHIM and thereby force him to end his exsistence.

Man, its 3 o clock here and its still too early for this………

That Metaphysics article is super goddamn fascinating. Makes me want to try out that big HD texture pack and revisit that game. I put at least 300 odd hours into that game when it first came out and really got very little of that flavor.

I already liked the main story in Morrowind more than the other Elder Scrolls games, but after reading the article and some wiki's I've found a much bigger appreciation for it. There are so many hurdles to executing on a story based on a major conspiracies. If the secrets are too easy to find then it never feels like a secret in the first place. It seems like four-fifths of the information you can get in Morrowind is a lie perpetrated by a character in the game; the other fifth is the truth but it's hidden in some inscrutable book or in the head of a dying man hiding deep in a clandestine dungeon. I really commend Bethesda for sticking to its guns and making something that only a few would find incredible, knowing full well that most people would probably say, "the main story is kinda boring." I think I have to go back and play the game from beginning to end.

Imagine a game where your path takes you to a sheer wall that cannot be breached. You seek out a mysterious recluse who gives you an ancient artifact of great power: the map editor. But he warns you, do not abuse this power or there will be dire consequences...