Jake

New website!

It's a Minority-Report-esque interface where authors physically grasp the puffins and thrust them in as content.

Sort of like how I imagine a Kinect version of Puffins Roll Out, but with the addition of a Realistic Ballmer as Clippy from Microsoft Word.

Also Goldblum is there.

Is the backend of thumblord tricked out with style and running jokes? I'd love to see a screenshot.

It used to have more of that stuff when it used custom frontend code but recently has been using the Bootstrap CSS framework, which makes it far easier to build and update, if not quite as easily to lace with injokes.

Does the Idle Thumbs website pages for Twin Peaks podcast play a sound after some time has passed? From the source it doesn't seem so, but I was listening to Episode 1 and went to sleep, leaving the page and computer open. More than an hour later, I heard this sound that was similar to the opening theme of the podcast... Really creeped me out and for a second I thought someone was remotely controlling my computer (I have a fever so my thoughts tend to be crazier than normal).

It could have been that the computer went to sleep, but came out of it since I had uTorrent running and that somehow caused a browser event to play the episode for 10 seconds...

Actually another explanation might be that since my K400 or the USB ports have been acting up, a mouse event was caused without a physical button press. Anyway, if there were ethics in game journalism, this wouldn't happen!

http://www.idlethumbs.net

NEW FEATURE on the homepage: We actually list all of the content on the Idle Thumbs Network on the Idle Thumbs Network homepage. Tell your friends. Rate us on iTunes.

Thanks Chris for sniffing around and changing this page that we built five years ago.

has there been some recent change (gonna guess within the last month)? I find I am getting logged out all the time now, whereas before my session would be kept. It's not a huge deal because my browser saves username/password, but just curious.