CrosswalkNorway

Hey guys! I was wondering If you guys have received your KS Rewards, I can't find mine!

Yeah, I was starting to think I imagined that the digital album and the wallpaper pack were rewards!  

Are they still happening?

Briefly, cassette tapes, but really what killed them were CD-ROMs.

Haha!

This mostly comes down to me dragging my feet forever. The music is recorded *and* mastered now, and I plan on getting it to the record manufacturers by early next week. The music being fully done also means I can put together the comprehensive digital package too so I will get on that.

Also at that point we should put out a Kickstarter update! (Including a request for new mailing addresses for vinyl-grade backers.) That would probably freak people out.

This mostly comes down to me dragging my feet forever. The music is recorded *and* mastered now, and I plan on getting it to the record manufacturers by early next week. The music being fully done also means I can put together the comprehensive digital package too so I will get on that.

Also at that point we should put out a Kickstarter update! (Including a request for new mailing addresses for vinyl-grade backers.) That would probably freak people out.

Awesome.  A new request for mailing addresses would be good because I moved since the KS.

Yeah the digital package is also going out soon. Eight years later.

Well, we understand it's a complicated process. You have to wait for the tests from the digital printer, make sure nobody moved to a new e-mail address, and so on.

I've e-mailed Chris twice about the song that was part of my reward package ("Chris will write and record a song about you or a topic of your choice, and we'll play it in a 2012 episode of Idle Thumbs of your choosing"), but never heard anything back.  I think that one was on hold because Chris didn't have his instruments?

Bringing this up yet again.  At this point, the Thumbs have received more crowdfunded goods than I have...

Maybe they need to hire subbes as a project manager.

God, subbes, was that whole thing a super passive aggressive move to remind them? If yes, then bravo!

Edit: I've just seen it, if you pick out the letters in subbes's letters that have microscopic calligraphy flaws, it spells "where is my fucking song guy".

I have to say I'm a bit weirded out seeing the anniversary cool thing being brought up in a quid pro quo way. The actual pledges should be obligation enough not to tarnish a spontaneous gesture of appreciation.

I am admittedly laying on a guilt trip here.  And I do feel Idle Thumbs has given me more than I've given them.  That said, I still want my goods.  The customer is always an asshole.  In this case that asshole is me.

Completely fair and understandable, I just wanted to bring up my weird feelings (I know these are important to you guys).

I definitely never intended for the anniversary gifts to have anything to do with the Kickstarter.

I'd be happy to help out as a Project Manger if the Thumbs felt the need/desire, but I doubt that's a thing that would happen.  Just in case, y'all know where I am.  :)

I was at the warehouse for the folks who do our shipping today to talk about the logistics of getting the EP out to folks. Finally moving forward on this stuff again!

Also, am I reading correctly that you have received nothing, but backed at the vinyl level?

I was at the warehouse for the folks who do our shipping today to talk about the logistics of getting the EP out to folks. Finally moving forward on this stuff again!

Also, am I reading correctly that you have received nothing, but backed at the vinyl level?

I did back at the vinyl level, but I've gotten all the rewards that have been sent so far.  I was mostly just being an annoying customer (asshole).  I have however moved since the initial survey so I would appreciate a request for new mailing addresses.

Also this is rad:

https://twitter.com/vanaman/status/437123417708716032

Great! Now I just need to buy a turntable and an amp, and whatever goes between a turntable and an amp and I'm all set! Oh, wait, I still need proper speakers too.

Great! Now I just need to buy a turntable and an amp, and whatever goes between a turntable and an amp and I'm all set! Oh, wait, I still need proper speakers too.

Lots of turntables have preamps built in now, so you just need a turntable and something that accepts a line-in signal (stereo, computer, etc.)

Also you can get ones with USB audio interfaces.

I just got an email about how to get my vinyl.  Thanks for all the hard work guys.  I'm excited to not be able to listen to it.  Now about those wallpapers...

People who purchase the vinyl EP also get a download link for bandcamp. The new Space Asshole is eargasmic.