Tanukitsune

The Great Giana Sister's Kickstarter.

Remember that game was a total rip-off of Super Mario Bros. for the Amiga and C64 but was still pretty cool? Remember the iOS and DS game they made recently?

Well, apparently the team is making a new game and it's looking pretty badass.

It's got Chris Hülsbeck and Machinae Supremacy doing music for it, which is pretty epic.

And the concept looks great too, when you switch from normal Giana to "punk" Giana the world changes and so do your powers.

Unfortunately, it looks like they won't make it, they have about a week to go and they are still at two thirds of their goal.

Did anybody play that DS game that came out a couple years ago?

It's possible that it could make the goal. Some kickstarters have made some pretty crazy comebacks

Well I put down $25. Amiga fo' lyfe, yo.

YES! It made it!

I'm still scrounging up money but it looks like I can't afford the tier I want. Damn, I guess digital version it is.

How "scummy" would it be if I made my own Giana mousepad with the same image they are using? It's part of the 60$ tier.

PS: I googled the artist of this and the previous Giana game and he's rather NSFW.

That struck me as weird too.

I'm not a fan of Klepek when he does quicklooks, he has a nasty habit of stopping dead for minutes at a time to just ramble on about something.

I beat the game yesterday and my only complaint is the star rating system, to play the final boss level in each world you need to gain enough stars, you can get three if you collect all the gems and 2 if you barely die.

Obviously as you progress the game gets harder and your rating drops like crazy, but you still have to replay levels to get enough stars.

The really big problem with it? You don't know how many stars you need to unlock the boss level and it's hard to tell how you're performing until you've already beaten the level.

Oh, also, the final boss has such retro hardcore goggles it's ridiculous! The battle has three stages and you can only take one hit, two if you have a shield. Did I mention there is a homing attack you have to dodge while the floor is flooded with lava and fire balls falls from the sky? But it was a great battle, the face the dragon makes when he's about to shoot the homing attack? He has such a smug look because he knows you're screwed. XP

Hmh!

So I backed this on Kickstarter and I finally got to play it today... Beautiful looking. That was my first impression. I almost feel like it might be more fun to watch someone else play it.

Then I decided it was definitely more fun to have someone else play it.

Just could not get into it at all :(

It's kinda standard at the beginning, but it gets almost Rayman Origins intense later, if that helps.

Did anybody play that DS game that came out a couple years ago?

I played the DS version some years ago. It wasn't that great. Also I played countless hours Giana sisters on Amiga back when i was a kid.

This new version I was following quite closely for a while, but forgot to pledge in the Kickstarter. I'll most likely buy it at some point. I just love Chris Hülsbeck musics.