AteBit

Why so curious?

Heh, Molyneux's Twitter:

peter molyneux@pmolyneux

i feel i should apologise for 3 things. 1) my spelling and grammar is childlike (because i am horribly dyslexic.

A vital detail Molydeux overlooked!

The sole contents of the box are the final gameplay statistics such the number of people who have contributed to the opening of the thing and their age, sex and global distributions. The "winner" immediately realizes that he/she could never have achieved this on his/her own and experiences an incredible sensation of connectedness with all. Just as the first pioneering tear starts plotting on the player's face the path of what is to become a river of salt water, the game delivers its ultimate blow: Would you like to share this on Facebook?

What will actually happen, though, is that the secret is revealed to someone who has no idea what the game is about and doesn't even realize that he/she was the only one who got there.

Every time I hear "What's in the cube?" my mind automagically turns it into "What's in the box?"

Apparently this is happening soon. It's going through Apple cert at the moment. I had briefly thought about what prize, that would not be an object, but something life-changing without being hyperbolic. I predict... Something to do with space! Or even going up in a spyplane and surfing across the earths atmosphere. Now that'd be a gift!

I'm really interested in seeing this thing, and predict someone is going to hack or crack or break or somehow fuck it up.

I'm really interested in seeing this thing, and predict someone is going to hack or crack or break or somehow fuck it up.

It's kinda genius, because I think that's part of the experiment too. By making such a hyperbolic claim 22cans is basically challenging hackers to go nuts. Since Curiosity forms the framework of their codebase, they need it to be stress tested for load balancing & security.

Or that. That's speculatively interesting!

I hope this doesn't turn into one of those deals where children think they are playing video games whilst in reality controlling actual military drones.

WOT IS IN KOOB.

a g a m b y p e r r e r m o l n o o

How long does something like this take to make? ;(