Sign in to follow this  
Sno

Planetary Annihilation

At 2 million, they'll have a fully orchestral soundtrack.

Oh god no!

What they should do is the following.

Remake the Ascendancy soundtrack. That was the perfect, absolutely perfect space exploration music.

But it's the orchestra responsible for Haloooooooo

Sorry, are you saying Halo's music is bad? Because the music is one of the best parts of the franchise.

Sorry, are you saying Halo's music is bad? Because the music is one of the best parts of the franchise.

Nah, I was more making light of wording in the announcement itself, as if the orchestra deserved most of the credit for the Halo soundtrack, rather than whoever composed it.

Halo music is alright and seems pretty suited to the tone. I'm not sure if I'd go with full orchestra, but if the gameplay is as snappy as the previs video, I can see it working.

not really feeling the 2.0 and 2.1 mill goals.

rather have some 70s/80s style synth stuff or something rather than orchestrated music. it will at least make it to 1.8mill and the single player campaign, it's at $1,756,485 now with 46 hrs to go.

So, I'm a backer now. Idle Thumbs will always hold a special place in my heart, but I have to back other projects too! It seems like a reasonable assumption that they'll reach the 1.8 mil goal, and that's the main thing I care about. ~28 k$ to go, and that apparently doesn't yet include what people have donated through PayPal.

edit:

Hot beans! I got up this morning, checked the kickstarter page, and BAM! 1.82 million dollars pledged. :woohoo:

Can I put in an anti-pledge that takes money from them so that the soundtrack doesn't happen?

We could start a kickstarter that will fund a project to infiltrate their offices and replace the orchestrated version just before it ships OR just pay off their audio engineer to do it.

Also, after those TA examples, I am no longer on board with the orchestra.

Really, the soundtrack was going to be orchestral-like, anyway. Just using shitty sampled versions of instruments, or whatever.

You people are crazy.

hehe, calm down. we have different tastes. the soundtrack is a fact now anyway. so I will deal with it. just waiting for them to reveal the game is steam only, which I will not deal with. haha. but it's not that much wasted money for me anyway doing 40 dollars to this.

currently $2,201,615

40 mins to go on the clock

I was joking. :) (Though the Steam thing...)

They got funded with full stretch goal success, I'm pretty damn happy about that. Though less happy since apparently the 3" figurines are unpainted. Oh well.

hehe. very good kickstarter campaign. super impressed with how well it went and how many people actually are interested enough in this type of rts to kickstart it.