toblix

Half-Life 3

I think he was hired as a programmer.

Also, Erik Wolpaw working on Psychonauts 2 doesn't make it seem like their remaining writers are all that busy. With writing projects anyway.

I didn't follow the steam sale ARG much, did it ever resolve into anything interesting?

I didn't follow the steam sale ARG much, did it ever resolve into anything interesting?

no

Seems like the generally accepted theory is that code breaking efforts accidentally skipped a step, meaning the Red Herring badge was obtained earlier than intended, something that encouraged people to keep looking for clues when really the finish line had already been crossed.

Another complimentary theory is that the ARG was added only after Valve employees noticed people searching for one and decided to have some fun with it. This can be supported by a couple of things, such as the late date that Store pages were changed to house part of the puzzle's mechanism, and the Red Herring badge's "ARG?" subtitle.

There's a good rundown on the Reddit sub's wiki if you want more -https://www.reddit.com/r/steamsaledetectives/wiki/summary

Seems like the generally accepted theory is that code breaking efforts accidentally skipped a step, meaning the Red Herring badge was obtained earlier than intended, something that encouraged people to keep looking for clues when really the finish line had already been crossed.

Another complimentary theory is that the ARG was added only after Valve employees noticed people searching for one and decided to have some fun with it. This can be supported by a couple of things, such as the late date that Store pages were changed to house part of the puzzle's mechanism, and the Red Herring badge's "ARG?" subtitle.

There's a good rundown on the Reddit sub's wiki if you want more -https://www.reddit.com/r/steamsaledetectives/wiki/summary

Thanks!

That means it has been ten years since I played Half-Life 2 and it's episodes the last time...

About time for replay, if only I had the time.

Polygon has not reached out to Valve for comment and will not update this story when none is received.

Yep, that sounds about right. I wish Valve would make any sort of single player game again, even if it's not Half-Life related, but it seems like even that is a long shot at this point.

I'll never give up! Half-Life 3 could come out any day now.

This is a thing of beauty. Currently at the entrance of Gamescom in Cologne:

tjxrndfjl1bxupr2w28u.jpg

"Half-Life: 3

editors who played it back in the day"

On 9/25/2012 at 9:48 PM, Ben X said:

It totally fails the Bechdel Test: Alien Edition.

I reckon Valve will do Episode 3 in a very similar manner to Eps 1 and 2, to wrap up this Combine Occupation section of the story, then have Gordon wake up on some other place/time for HL3 in the new Source engine, developing them concurrently.

I was pretty close to Marc Laidlaw's plans:

http://www.arcadeattack.co.uk/marc-laidlaw/

(sorry for the bump Roderick!)

4 hours ago, Ben X said:

I was pretty close to Marc Laidlaw's plans:

http://www.arcadeattack.co.uk/marc-laidlaw/

(sorry for the bump Roderick!)

Woof, pretty easy to read between the lines that Laidlaw is incredibly bitter at Valve. Seems he has the right to be, given that the entity called Valve now resembles absolutely nothing of that company back in 2004

14 hours ago, WARP DOGS said:

Woof, pretty easy to read between the lines that Laidlaw is incredibly bitter at Valve. Seems he has the right to be, given that the entity called Valve now resembles absolutely nothing of that company back in 2004

Yeah that's what I got out of it, too. Kinda confirms everyone's worst fears (if you can even call it that at this point...) - that the game will actually just never come out.

Shame, but eh what're ya gonna do.

I feel sorry for the people at Valve who do really want to make it, though. Probably just a few people, but I imagine what they'd want to do with that game would be a huge endeavor...