toblix

Half-Life 3

What if Valve releases Half Life 3, and then a few minutes in, it starts asking you to perform math for an amphibian? It slowly dawns on us: Half Life 3 is Frog Fractions 2.

This would be the greatest troll in the history of video games.

Do people actually think Valve is working on the next Half Life? Like, they might be but one person in that thread said it was obvious they were and I really wouldn't be surprised if Valve never said anything about it again.

As someone who adores Half-Life 2,  I would like to believe otherwise, but I feel like this is exteremely plausible.

Everything Valve has been focused on recently involves it's employees doing whatever they feel like; community engagement; multiplayer with a cooperative component; releasing products early and altering them constantly based on feedback; free to play models that work; reaching out to as many gamers as possible, etc. Everyone hunkering down for years to work on a single player shooter campaign feels like the antithesis to all that.

Just based on some of the rumors that have circulated around the game, i suspect that Half-Life 3 has probably been started and stopped multiple times.

I FEEL VERY SAFE SETTING MY EXPECTATIONS VERY VERY HIGH!!!!!!

Don't see how this could go any other way than exactly as planned!

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!

I probably will buy a Steam Controller though, my old wired 360 controller is getting long in the tooth and near needing to be replaced.

I will buy one mostly because I'm curious.

Yeah same. I actually have a coffee table in my living room that folds out in such a way that you can use a mouse & keyboard comfortably on it, so playing PC games in my living room is a pretty straight forward proposition for any game that has large enough text/UI to see from a TV screen, but I still want to check the controller out just because it's something different.

I've been trying to have more self control about buying peripherals and hardware that I don't really have a pressing need for. 

There's that, but I am just really really curious. I want to see how it feels since it's so different from other controllers (allegedly, and conceptually). Even if it's junk and I end up never using it, I'll be okay because my curiosity will be sated.

See, it's worth remembering that they didn't ship the controller or Steam Machines either so this VR project's not going anywhere that Oculus won't get to first.

See, it's worth remembering that they didn't ship the controller or Steam Machines either so this VR project's not going anywhere that Oculus won't get to first.

You're telling me that we shouldn't get our hopes up for Valve to deliver a product in a timely manner....or at all?  :P

Yeah I don't know anyone personally who's putting much stock in steam vr...

To be honest, I think there's a better reason for Valve to develop HL3 if they are making a VR. It seems that they were not focused at all in making a traditional single player game, but with VR they might actually want to deliver it since the game is perfect for that.

Good lord. Imagine HL3 with a powerful, easily modded Source engine and good VR support. Imagine the mods. :o

I'm a stupid motherfucker for getting excited about this, but I've always thought that Valve would never make Half-Life 3 unless it came with some important innovation. Now this is happening and I'm imagining Half-Life 3 being a crazy VR thing.